The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Broadway EL (2008)

+4
DaveDee
FreelanderUK
Bilbobaggins
Chrisp1978
8 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Broadway EL (2008) Empty Autosleeper Broadway EL (2008)

Post by Chrisp1978 Mon May 22, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi,
We have recently had the habitation check and the toilet has recorded a reading of 25. For context, we never have used the shower. On the external wall of the shower, there appears to be water tracking behind the beading that connects the panels. We had the motorhome sealed with Sikaflex last year. You can see from the photos, that the water has broken the Sikaflex seal and is leaving a rusty colour line on the plastic trim.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any suggestions where the water could be getting in behind the beading? We have checked the obvious places like the roof and local joints.
Chrisp1978
Chrisp1978

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Broadway EL (2008) Empty Re: Autosleeper Broadway EL (2008)

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon May 22, 2023 4:32 pm

While you are waiting for a response you could introduce yourself the welcome section above

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Nue likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon May 22, 2023 5:34 pm

Aim better and all is dry 🤣

Welcome to the forum but please introduce yourself here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveDee Sat May 27, 2023 12:09 pm

We were told never  to seal bottom of joint bead to allow  any water that gets in to come out .
DaveDee
DaveDee

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by daveparton Sat May 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Hi, I had damp in bathroom of my 2011 Nuevo, but was aware the water system had a small leak in that area. When I removed the toilet there were indeed leaking whale push fit joints.....
daveparton
daveparton

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Susanita Sat May 27, 2023 5:31 pm

Hi.
Auto Sleeper Broadway 2010 CK & we had water running from  under the Truma Heater onto floor.  & pump kept purging . It went to dealers under warranty & they found a ‘push’ fixing on a pipe had come loose . Not sure where but they accessed it by removing bathroom basin & then re sealing again. No problems since.
I wondered if the moving back & forth if the ‘swing’ bathroom wall can dislodge pipe work?
Susanita
Susanita

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Crown EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Mon May 29, 2023 10:18 am

Hi, we had water ingress in our Warwick XL bathroom, took a while to find the source but I eventually traced it to the toilet cassette  door seal leaking allowing rain water/van washing water to enter the van inside the lip at the bottom of the door. This can then find its way inside and cause problems. The recessed door frame securing screws don't help matters with the seal so I applied a small amount of sanitary sealant to make them flush and I applied two additional seals to the door using "Ewolee Car Door Seal, B Type Car Seal Strip 52.5Ft/16M Interior Exterior PVC Rubber Weather Strip For Car Truck Window Engine Cover Door Edge Trim Rubber Seal"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tested it afterwards with a hose pipe and it appears to have solved the problem. Two seals may be a little over the top but as an ex-submariner I am paranoid about water leaks rolleyes I know it is quite a long roll but I have found that it is also really useful for sticking on rattling cupboard doors and drawers.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Monty-Plym on Mon May 29, 2023 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photos added)
Monty-Plym
Monty-Plym
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon May 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Monty-Plym wrote: ( Sun dodger ). Hi, we had water ingress in our Warwick XL bathroom, took a while to find the source but I eventually traced it to the toilet cassette  door seal leaking allowing rain water/van washing water to enter the van inside the lip at the bottom of the door. This can then find its way inside and cause problems. The recessed door frame securing screws don't help matters with the seal so I applied a small amount of sanitary sealant to make them flush and I applied two additional seals to the door using "Ewolee Car Door Seal, B Type Car Seal Strip 52.5Ft/16M Interior Exterior PVC Rubber Weather Strip For Car Truck Window Engine Cover Door Edge Trim Rubber Seal"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tested it afterwards with a hose pipe and it appears to have solved the problem. Two seals may be a little over the top but as an ex-submariner I am paranoid about water leaks rolleyes I know it is quite a long roll but I have found that it is also really useful for sticking on rattling cupboard doors and drawers.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had the same problem when I first got the WXL 3 years ago, Lidl was selling sponge seal on a roll that I stuck to the door, never had a problem again

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:49 pm

I had a bad leak from the the toilet fill inlet .removed and reseal I then found a leak from the cassette door seal another easy fix -, replace door seal , i placed kitchen roll in the cassette area when it came out dry I was sure leaks were fixed .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down