The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa

5 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa Empty Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa

Post by minos1427 Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:58 pm

The black paintwork around the top of my cab skylight has become grey and dull. No longer black and shiny. I have tried a warranty claim to Autosleeper via my dealer SMC, but Autosleeper have rejected it.  They claim it is caused by the wrong cleaning chemicals.  I have only ever used fenwicks motorhome cleaner. I believe it is caused by the sun fading the paint where it is usually parked, as the black trim at the back is only faded on the roof part, not on the back. If it were the chemicals then that would also be faded. Has anyone else had this problem,  is it repairable, or is there a motorhome bodyshop in the north Derbyshire  or Yorkshire area that could respray these parts. If it were a car the manufacturers would fix it straight away as a paintwork issue, but not Autosleeper who always do everything they can to avoid warranty work.
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa Empty Re: Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Been asked so many times - heres one previous  thread.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa Empty Re: Autosleeper Broadway black paint above cab fa

Post by rgermain Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:39 am

I am afraid that is the answer AS give to all paint and plastic problems " you used the wrong cleaning compound" Haa Haa, afraid not!!! Had that same reply when all my bathroom plastic cracked on our once owned Topaz. 

Funny we only use the stuff you recommended.

Best of luck, don't give in to them.
--------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:44 pm

I had the same on my Corinium,
I used good old fashioned T cut  car polish and elbow grease, it took a lot of effort but worked  fine and restored the colour, but that area gets a lot of exposure to the the elements and will fade again over time
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by minos1427 Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Yes,  I've tried similar,  it only lasted a few months.  I've now ordered some Owatrol gel coat restorer that works on grp etc. I'll let you know if it works.
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 pm

Have you thought about having the area wrapped?
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by minos1427 Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 pm

What does that entail?
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 am

Go to a graphic company, the sort that make sign written vinyl graphics for vehicles, lots of them about and they can cut and apply a vinyl sticker over the top of the black area. It may not as expensive as you may imagine.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by minos1427 Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Ok thanks I'll look into it.
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Back to top Go down