The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealer experience?

5 posters

Go down

Dealer experience? Empty Dealer experience?

Post by martin s Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:06 am

Hi, has anyone had any experience with Oxford Caravans?
They have a motorhome that I'm interested in.
They seem to offer a pretty good warranty, but not being particularly local I don't want to be back and forth too much with any possible problems.
On their website they say they have a nationwide warranty repair network, has anyone had any experience of this?
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to get there to have a look for at least 3 weeks due to a holiday, so possibly it may not be available by then, so the question may be purely academic.
martin s
martin s

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo but not yet
Vehicle Year : 2020?

Back to top Go down

Dealer experience? Empty Re: Dealer experience?

Post by Dbvwt Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29 am

No actual experience of them as a dealer but I’ve been driving past them for probably 30+ years. I’ve bought a few things from the caravan shop over the years and they have always struck me as a decent reputable place.
Saying that, I haven’t been in for probably 6 years so things may be different now!!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

martin s likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:38 am

If you look at the warranty section on their website you'll see they only deal with vans bought from them. You'll find lots of dealers have the same policy so a nation wide warranty is not much use if you can't find anyone to undertake the work. Also be aware that the warranty is with MB&G who have lots of limitations in the small print. I know from experience that they refuse to cover all sorts of things. For this reason I personally would only buy local or with dealers own warranty .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

martin s likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:46 am

Had a look at the website the warranty is covered by MB&G.  When we got our old van that was who the warranty was with.  It did seem to cover virtually everything (although there were time limits on some items) but as we never had to claim anything under warranty I'm not sure what they are like to deal with should anything go wrong.  

The only time I ever had to contact them was when the warranty was up - because of the age of the van they could only give me an additional 1 year if I paid the full price but would continue indefinitely (with certain exclusions) if paid by monthly D/D, wasn't too sure how that would work so didn't take them up on the offer.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

martin s likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:08 am

If I recall correctly, Oxford Caravans is part of the same group as Swindon Caravans. We bought a new cvan from Swindon way back in 2006 and got a very good deal. It must have been a rare beast as we never had to go back for any warranty work so I've no experience of their aftercare. We had no issues with Swindon Caravans but it was the best part of 20 years ago. I don't think I'm really being much help here.....  snigger
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

martin s likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by martin s Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:00 pm

Paulmold wrote:If you look at the warranty section on their website you'll see they only deal with vans bought from them. You'll find lots of dealers have the same policy so a nation wide warranty is not much use if you can't find anyone to undertake the work. Also be aware that the warranty is with MB&G who have lots of limitations in the small print. I know from experience that they refuse to cover all sorts of things. For this reason I personally would only buy local or with dealers own warranty .
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes I wondered how good the "nationwide repair network" would be. 
In all honesty it's just a touch over 100 miles from me, not too bad, but a goodly portion of that is on the M25.
By todays market, the Nuevo doesn't seem too bad a price compared to other dealers.
My "local" dealer doesn't have one, although they have a Broadway that I was going to look at, until they upped the price by 3 grand last week.
They had a few different motorhomes that they'd had awhile, allegedly each reduced between 2 and 3 grand, until last week when they all went up to the original price.
The Broadway is now 5 grand more than the Nuevo and higher mileage, although the mileage is still low on the Broadway.
martin s
martin s

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:08 pm

The Nuevo is in my view one of AS best vans. How old in the one you are looking at ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by martin s Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm

Bigplumbs wrote:The Nuevo is in my view one of AS best vans. How old in the one you are looking at ?

It's a 2020
martin s
martin s

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:27 pm

martin s wrote:
Bigplumbs wrote:The Nuevo is in my view one of AS best vans. How old in the one you are looking at ?

It's a 2020
 That is a very new one. On the new ones I worry a little about the electronic stuff and the control panel. Our Nuevo is old at 2004 and it has simple switches for all those things.

They are still excellent vans for 2... Have all you need in a nice small van
Anonymous

Back to top Go down