The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gasit special deals

5 posters

Go down

Gasit special deals Empty Gasit special deals

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:52 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Gasit special deals Empty Re: Gasit special deals

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 pm

Paul on a thread in the past I believe you posted about the Gasit Gas reserve hose system - UK PO, it's here though not at a reduced price that I could find.
https://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-reserved-gas-supply-hose-system-pol.html

I bookmarked the site for reference but I still wonder if I should buy one of these hoses.
It seems that this hose does not enable a transfer of liquid LPG from the gas bottle into your tank, it will only supply propane in gas form from an external cylinder to be used concurrently. Nevertheless I wonder if you turn the portable gas cylinder upside-down and raise its height to above the inlet fitting on the van, why would it not work this way, poring liquid LPG from an external cylinder into your tank? I suppose that sooner or later during the pouring process a sort of vacuum in the external cylinder might prevent liquid being transferred. Gaseous LPG would need to escape back into the cylinder from the tank for liquid LPG under pressure of course to continue to flow into your holding tank.

After all that said, how useful might it be to have available one of these hoses?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:08 pm

It's not something I would ever contemplate doing so I can't comment.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:34 pm

"After all that said, how useful might it be to have available one of these hoses?"

Useful if you happen to have a bottle of gas handy when your tank runs out. As I see it, you run on gas from the cylinder and it passes through the tank which becomes simply part of the pipework.

Your other option would, I suspect, have your insurers throwing their hands up in horror as they hastily rejected any claim. sensored1
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Relaxez-Vous wrote:Paul on a thread  in the past I believe you posted about the Gasit Gas reserve hose system - UK PO, it's here though not at a reduced price that I could find.
https://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-reserved-gas-supply-hose-system-pol.html

I bookmarked the site for reference but I still wonder if I should buy one of these hoses.
It seems that this hose does not enable a transfer of liquid LPG from the gas bottle into your tank, it will only supply propane in gas form from an external cylinder to be used concurrently. Nevertheless I wonder if you turn the portable gas cylinder upside-down and raise its height to above the inlet fitting on the van, why would it not work this way, poring liquid LPG from an external cylinder into your tank? I suppose that sooner or later during the pouring process a sort of vacuum in the external cylinder might prevent liquid being transferred. Gaseous LPG would need to escape back into the cylinder from the tank for liquid LPG under pressure of course to continue to flow into your holding tank.

After all that said, how useful might it be to have available one of these hoses?

Never used my reserve hose in 5yrs  … when the tank gauge shows red I’ve learnt I still have a 1/4 tank minimum, that’s when I plan to refill.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Avontourist Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:52 pm

if you invert the bottle and open the valve when connected to the tank,  the liquid gas will run in to the tank , as the bottle contains liquid and gas , no vacuum is created , the bottle will empty until the pressure in the tank and the bottle equalise .
Avontourist
Avontourist

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down