The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Filling Water Tank

+8
Wingnut
murph
deckie
roli
burfy1
Cymro
whisky
CC
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty Nuevo Filling Water Tank

Post by CC Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Feel a bit of a numpty asking this (but coming from a simple van conversion) what is the procedure for filling the Nuevo's water tank? On our Trident we only mostly emptied water into the tank using a water container with a spout 5-10 ltrs at a time as and when needed.

Can we only fill using a hose or can we still fill from a container? Should we get some kind of filling hose with the Nuevo? We have a blue water hose that came with our Trident but have never even used this, it's on a cassette reel is this suitable or is it more complicated than this :0_blush: embarrassed-smiley

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty Re. Nuevo Filling Water Tank

Post by whisky Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi CC.

The tank in your On its way Neuvo is about 80ltrs. So filling it up with your hose is the best way. If traveling any great distances best to have only a small amount of water in the tank and fill it up when you get there. I keep my filling hose under the driving seat next to the leisure battery.

Cheers. Whisky.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty Re: Nuevo Filling Water Tank

Post by Cymro Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm

I agree with whisky.

I carry a hose which is about 2 metres long.

Because the taps on sites can have 2 types of outlet, I found it helpful to do this:
cut 2 lengths of hose, each about 6" long.
On the end of one length fix (by jubilee clip) the type of brass screw-head [female] that will screw on to a tap which has the same thread on it.
On the other length of pipe, fix a female hose-lock type connector (because some taps have male hoselock outlets). Finally, on one end of your 2 metre length of hose,fix a hosepipe connector.
Attach the 6" length which has the brass connector to the 2m pipe; that's the one you'll use most. But when you come across a tap which has the hoselock, all you do is take off the brass tail, and attach the hoselock tail. Simples!

Typing that out takes longer than making the pipe!

Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, just found this fill up hose with a universal end which I can get from a camping shop just down the road, they come in 2mtr & 5mtr? Seems a simple solution and they are cheap but are the 2 mtr hoses really adequate or is it best to get a longer one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burfy1 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Because I have found that there are many times that you can't get close enough to a tap (and I don't want to lift heavy containers of water), I have purchased a 'Whale' submersible pump (about 1" Diameter x 4" long with approx 4 foot hose connected to it). This drops into your water container (e.g. aqua roll) so that you can fill up your vans water tank. I admit that you will need to have a socket to connect it to (which usually comes with the pump) , but this is fairly straightforward on a Nuevo as you dont have to drill holes in the outer bodywork. I have put it on the rear wall of the gas cabinet so it is enclosed. This is ideal as the leisure battery is just behind and the water filling point is to the left. If you are interested I will take some photographs.

all the best,
paul
burfy1
burfy1

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:44 pm

HI again CC.

Definately get the 5m. as on occasions you may only be able to access the side of the van that does not have the filler cap. The difference when coiled up is minimal. Thought you allready had a flat hose in a cassette? The hose you are looking at is food grade plastic, all well and good but if water has been stored in the tank it needs to be well boiled before use. I use the tank for everything but drinking prefering to use cheap supermarket bottled still water, then your tea tastes the same no matter where you are in the country.

whisky
whisky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 pm

burfy1 wrote:If you are interested I will take some photographs.

Thanks Paul a few pics might well be helpful if not now, then maybe for the future up!

whisky wrote:Definately get the 5m. as on occasions you may only be able to access the side of the van that does not have the filler cap. The difference when coiled up is minimal. Thought you allready had a flat hose in a cassette?

I thought the longer hose also, if I find it's too long I guess I can always shorten it to 3mtrs perhaps.

We do have a flat hose on a cassette, but I would imagine it's alot of faffing around as you would have to fully unreel it and by the time I've done that something like the filler up hose would hopefully have the job done? scratch head

What is the "Plug-in-system" that they refer to? Not even sure if our Nuevo has this filling point system or not uncertain

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi CC.

I think the "plug in systems" you are refering to are mostly for caravans with the aquarolls. They are used on the bigger sites where every pitch has its own water tap. You connect the tap to the aquaroll with the plug in hose. There is a float valve arrangement in the aquaroll that turns the water off when the aquaroll is full and turns it back on as you use the water. OK if you are somewhere for long periods. I think you might be to mobile for that.

Yes I get what you say about your cassette hose. How long is it? I just have a length of the light weight garden hose. Use a new bit every year don't know how long it is exactly think somewhere between 3 & 4 metres.

Did once see an american motorhome at Lincoln have a mains water plugged into it. But don't think our vans could take the high water pressure.

whisky
whisky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:02 am

Hi whisky... The cassette hose we have must be at least 10m possibly more, we have never used it.. infact I don't think it's ever been used since new by the looks of it!

The only reason I ask about the "Plug-in-system" is I have read a MMM On test review of the 2009 Nuevo II and they show a pic and state "water is got into the tank via a plug in system that also features a submersible pump for top ups from a container" it shows a lift up flap with a blue hose plugged in?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 am

Just looked at some photos that roli took for me last week (as he kindly went and viewed it before we could get to see it)
only just noticed it has what appears to be a standard Fiamma water filler cap the same as our Trident!!
which if so will make things a lot simpler for me hugegrins gimmefive

Was getting myself in a bit of a state there blushes Wish I had the correct handbook to refer to studying
Right... my brains frazzled so I'm off to bed hugegrins

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 am

I didnt notice on it either CC if it was the plug or normal Fiamma Type fresh water inlet. I have used the the pump and pipe method when we had a boxer but when we got this van, saw this chap with a Nuevo using a downpipe end (off a gutter system) the socket end pushed into the fiamma fitting on the van and pouring the water into the normal out end which is upward facing (if that makes sense) Because of the diameter 68 or 70mm will fit you get the water into the tank quicker.
I am tied up most of today but will take a photo, if I manage to get it on here I will, if not will send it by email to you. If I get chance over the next week will go and have a look at your van and see what the fitting is.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

Hi CC & All,

Our previous RV's had the 'City water' (Yanks eh hugegrins ) hookup fittings, with a pressure regulator (I never used or trusted any of them)
I don't think your new AS has that system CC, but 'ABP Accessories' , have the parts (Product Code: FWHD15) if needed !!
In the Yanks, storage for the 'cassette' hose was not a problem, different in the 'Clubman' but hay hoe thats life !!
We are the same as Whisky and only use bottled water for drinking ..... thinking of taking a trailer, for the wife's TEA supply biggrin )
Brian
deckie
deckie
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty nuevo filling water tank

Post by murph Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:48 pm

As a wild camper I carry a curly hose 15 metres long+some shorter lenths with connectors to join them together and adapters for every type and size of tap I can think of, I also have a special filler cap to which I can connect the hose, I obtained this cap from C.A.K Tanks. This enables me to fill the tank even if I can not get very close to the tap. These all live in the gas locker as I have spare space there because I use only 1 refillable cylinder. I wouldnt go back to humping gas bottles again, and the gas is less than 1/2 the price of Calor, ( about £8 to fill from empty.) the gas filler is also mounted in the locker so that I didnt have to make a hole in the side of the van. for extreme circumstances I have a right angle pipe bend for filling from a container, the bend may have to be filed down or packed out with tape to get it to fit tightly.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty special filler

Post by murph Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Sorry CC I have just realised that the Neuvo 11 has a special Truma filler for which you should have a special adaptor, I dont know what was wrong with the ordinary cap as on ours.
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingnut Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Amazing what you learn on this forum!

Murph, I'm intrigued by your refillable cylinder- I take it you fill it at a garage, from a car LPG fill point? As a tight fisted Yorkshireman I'd be interested in copying your idea, was it a big job and where did you get the bits?
Wingnut
Wingnut

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Post by burfy1 Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 pm

burfy1 wrote:Because I have found that there are many times that you can't get close enough to a tap (and I don't want to lift heavy containers of water), I have purchased a 'Whale' submersible pump (about 1" Diameter x 4" long with approx 4 foot hose connected to it). This drops into your water container (e.g. aqua roll) so that you can fill up your vans water tank. I admit that you will need to have a socket to connect it to (which usually comes with the pump) , but this is fairly straightforward on a Nuevo as you dont have to drill holes in the outer bodywork. I have put it on the rear wall of the gas cabinet so it is enclosed. This is ideal as the leisure battery is just behind and the water filling point is to the left. If you are interested I will take some photographs.
CruizingComet wrote:
Thanks Paul a few pics might well be helpful if not now, then maybe for the future up! .

Hope you can see the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

burfy1
burfy1

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty Refillable gas cylinders

Post by murph Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Suprised you havent heard of refillable cylinders, look up Gaslow, and Alugas, on the internet, mine is an old type gaslow 6kg without a contents guage, the modern ones have a guage on the cylinder which reads full untill it gets to half full then it will show the amount of gas left. I refill mine about every 8 to 10 days in summer or about every 5 days in the middle of winter (wild camping) when the Truma room heater gets more use. They are quite expensive, Gaslow 6kg cyl £129 50+filler kit at £79 95 but I believe Alugas filler will fit and I also believe it is a lot cheaper. Alugas have just brought out a 6kg cyl but they do not seem to give prices on thier website, give them a ring. You do fill them at autogas garages and you can buy a book of maps and addresses as to where they are. You can also buy adapters to fit the different fillers in different countries which gets over the problem of no calor gas in continental Europe.
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm

roli wrote:I didnt notice on it either CC if it was the plug or normal Fiamma Type fresh water inlet.

Certainly looks like it's definitely a normal Fiamma water inlet roli looking at the side view photo (below) you sent me, which of course I didn't think to look at earlier last night hugegrins

Looking at the pic what is the cover next to the EHU socket? I can see what I recognise as the cassette door, and above that what I believe is where you fill the thetford C200 loo? Cant think what else it could be unless, is it a vent cover?

roli wrote:If I get chance over the next week will go and have a look at your van and see what the fitting is.

You probably wont need to now.... hugegrins but thanks again for the kind offer gimmefive

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:18 pm

CC
The cover next to the EHU inlet is the cover for the Truma boiler. You must remove the cover to use the boiler, it will not fire up with the cover in place.
To remove the cover press the thumbs on the front face of the cover near the top and then pull the cover off from the top. You will see a little latch on the top face of the cover which must be cleared before the cover will come off. It's easier to do than explain.
At the handover for my van the dealer insisted that I could remove this cover as he had several buyers return to say they could not remove it.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Squip up!

Whisky PM'd me shortly after posting to say its the water heater cover also.. so thanks guys, all new to me this stuff especially coming from our Trident hugegrins We should get a full working demo (I hope) showing how everything works (or doesn't!!) at the hand over which I'm informed is all included and part of the service, just trying to arm myself with the "Basics" beforehand so I'm partly prepared, don't want to look a complete novice after all confused0 blushes

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi,

I agree with murph. I carry two hoses of unequal length. One is about 4 metres long (used regularly) which can connect quickly to a 10 metre length which is only used once or twice a year. This gives me 3 different hose lengths!! The important point made by murph is to carry as many different tap connectors as possible, mostly of the click fit hozelock style, especially if you wild camp or go away with c&cc to rugby clubs, schools etc.

I also carry a 5 litre container of water as my pump has an intermittent unfindable fault.

My most recent aquisition is a plastic B & Q 6L plastic watering can which allows me to top up the tank easily anytime i am on site and visiting the shower block or on the road when an oppurtunity arises.

All the best,

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Filling Water Tank Empty Nuevo filling water tank

Post by murph Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 am

I see from the photo that your Nuevo has a standard water filler not the Truma fitting as used on a Nuevo11 parked near us, so my earlier comments about a filler that you can connect a hose to with hoselock type fittings would prove usefull. Also if you have trouble with the water heater cover being difficult to remove try lubricating it with wash up liquid, I do this and have never had one fall off in 10 years.
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 am

This is the arrangement I use
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:15 pm

That looks a good solution roli up! thanks for the pic
Presume it would need to be a tight fit otherwise I could imagine the pressure of the water as it's being poured in might well dislodge it?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DrRogerRam Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Just a quick maybe, CC, think your coming Nuevo 'may' have an 'Ultraflow Waterline' plug-in system - see my ramblings under the Winterisation thread?
DrRogerRam
DrRogerRam

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Devon

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next