The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blind Problem

3 posters

Go down

Blind Problem Empty Blind Problem

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:58 pm

Normally we keep the window blind closed in the washroom even though the glass is frosted, management feels happier with the extra privacy.
Whilst I was sorting the flush switch I lowered the blind to open the window. On Friday when we were parked up I closed the blind and there was a metallic twang like a spring breaking. Now the blind won’t retract and the material just bunches up. Not a big problem because the screen can stay closed for now.
I have had the fun of removing the frame to sort fly screens that break those stupid plastic brackets and still have the scars.
The bathroom frame looks a lot easier to remove having no cupboards built over it. Is it the same blind( sieze) scuse spelling and has any one had this problem ?.  scratch head
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Blind Problem Empty Re: Blind Problem

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:21 pm

When we collected our new Wilton in 2008 got 30 miles or so up M5 and stopped for lunch etc. Went into bathroom, raised blind and ...TWANG. Back to dealers 90 mins after taking delivery - is that a record?
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:30 pm

I think ours is more age reflated problems Peter. Management said just leave the blind closed but my mechanical mind wants have a look at what’s broke.
 I just wondered if any one else had this problem. When we get home I will look into it properly.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff57 Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:37 pm

I had exactly the same problem and as I was down in the Cotswolds I took it into the factory and they fixed it in half an hour.
Geoff57
Geoff57
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:00 pm

I have the feeling this might take more than half an hour even if the mounting screws come out without a fight.  
Management has just said “ All these tools in the van and you can’t fix a window blind”. The agro I have to put up with just because of her modesty.gettinwrong
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:07 pm

An update regarding the blind not retracting and bunching up. I managed to remove the inner frame with no problems. Much simpler when you dont have overhanging cupboards.
On inspecting the inside of the frame I found the problem. The bracket that holds the roller end under tension had been broken and been bodged quite well. A piece of perspex had been put across it and had cracked. 
From past memories of slicing my finger open trying to re tension the last one I replaced, this time I came ready for a fight. Using mole grips to hold the rod and holding my breath it went ok. As I have done two of these now I put a metal plate across the bracket in place of the cracked perspex. 
Last time I bought two to have one as a spare. At just over £3 I have ordered another two. 
Against what management said about having a locker full of tools and the parts this time I am not doing this job away from home. The thought of mangling my finger and bleeding all over the inside of the Rienza isnt worth thinking about. She has gone out for the day but when she comes back I will demonstrate my skills with a working blind. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

PLOUGHLIN and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down