The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquis Tewkesbury

4 posters

Go down

Marquis Tewkesbury  Empty Marquis Tewkesbury

Post by johndean Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:03 pm

Found pushed in letter box 
Marquis Tewkesbury  243e0610
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Marquis Tewkesbury  Empty Re: Marquis Tewkesbury

Post by Bad Penny Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:14 am

Had an email from Marquis Tewksbury to say their service centre is under new management. I hope there is a big improvement over my last experience there.

Nothing major, just lack of coordination. There for a service and some warranty work to be done, only to find there was no warranty work listed, as it had not been passed on to the service department. 

I had to point out to them how to resolve it. One problem was the boiler dump valve was broken so could not fill with water, reported under warranty. They said they didn’t have the part. A company engineer from truma was working on a vehicle for another customer, I suggested they ask him to get one sent overnight and I would call to have it fitted next day, as I was shortly off to Spain and would not be coming back from S. Wales. Next day job done. Other bits were posted on to me.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:51 am

I see that nothing has changed there since I bought a new van from them 15 years ago, I nearly bought a van from them a few years back but as hell hasn't yet froze over, I went elsewhere.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

frederic and johndean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:51 am

I see that nothing has changed there since I bought a new van from them 15 years ago, I nearly bought a van from them a few years back but as hell hasn't yet froze over, I went elsewhere.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:40 pm

Several times I've walked around the Marquis site in Tewkesbury but never been approached by anyone to enquire if I need some assistance.  Surely I don't look as if I have little intention of buying or is it that as a singleton rather than a couple they think I'm not likely to buy?  Actually I like to keep abreast of the new models in case something would cause me to think about a change but so far the money is safe in my pocket.  I'm the second owner of my MH and it was supplied new to the first owner by Marquis Tewkesbury.  The first owner was a fastidious record keeper and it only seems to have been back to Tewkesbury for some warranty work in the early days.  You can draw whatever conclusions you like  smile!

Tony Comber
shipbadger
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:03 pm

I have only bought AS vehicles new at the NEC and collected them from Tewkesbury. Then service and warranty work done there.

My last vehicle not AS, also came via Tewkesbury, but this time had the vehicle service done by my local garage without my warranty being affected. As for habitation service, this was done by an approved mobile workshop.

Go where you get the best service. This was a lesson learned.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down