The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability.

2 posters

Go down

4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability. Empty 4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability.

Post by exmoorcamper1 Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:35 am

Just wondering if other owners are having difficulty sourcing 4.5kg butane refills. We have tried about 6 different outlets in the last couple of weeks, in various parts of the country, and we're struggling to find them. One garage even said that they had been discontinued.

I know that the supply situation hasn't been good for various reasons, but just wondering how widespread and severe the problem is. Is it any easier for propane cylinders rather than butane?

Pete.
exmoorcamper1
exmoorcamper1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability. Empty Re: 4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability.

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:42 am

For a long time it was propane that was difficult to find but I've seen those around now, haven't noticed reports of butane being hard to find. If you use your van during winter months then perhaps you could swop to propane, you'd have to change regulator as well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability. Empty Re: 4.5kg Gas cylinder refil availability.

Post by exmoorcamper1 Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:02 am

Paulmold wrote:For a long time it was propane that was difficult to find but I've seen those around now, haven't noticed reports of butane being hard to find. If you use your van during winter months then perhaps you could swop to propane, you'd have to change regulator as well.
Thanks Paul.

We are down in the south west, so maybe it's a regional issue. I've considered the swap to Propane, for efficiency as much as anything. We always ran our caravans on propane in the past. I will have to look at getting the reg changed I think.

Thanks

Pete.
exmoorcamper1
exmoorcamper1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down