The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway

4 posters

Go down

Help!  What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway  Empty Help! What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway

Post by Peggykay Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 pm

Hello, we’re new, my elderly Mum has just bought a 2011 Broadway and it doesn’t have a microwave in it, I’m just wondering if anyone on here can suggest one which would fit into the cupboard above the cooker, I’ve measured it, and only want a small one, hoped someone here may be able to recommend one.  

Thank you. Kay
Peggykay
Peggykay

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Crown
Vehicle Year : 2011

Lettuce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help!  What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway  Empty Re: Help! What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:26 pm

The 2012 Broadway was fitted with this, check the dimension for the cupboard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester

Peggykay and Lettuce like this post

Back to top Go down

Help!  What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway  Empty Re: Help! What Microwave for a 2011 Broadway

Post by Lettuce Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:43 pm

I hope you got sorted. I have the same Daewoo model in my Broadway EK but over the fridge not the cooker.

My problem is getting it out of its housing to fix it or replace it.  It is fixed in a close fit housing above the counter over the fridge almost at eye level, on the left as you step into the MH.  Does anyone following this thread know how to remove it from its housing?  Apologies for jumping on an existing question but it is (slightly) related and I can’t find a thread that matches perfectly on this particular forum.

Many thanks, Lettuce
Lettuce
Lettuce

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:02 am

If you look carefully at the underside of the shelf on which the microwave sits you will see 4 small circular stick on vinyl discs. They conceal 4 self tapping screws which go through the shelf and into the casing of the microwave. Power is taken from a dedicated 13A socket behind the microwave. On the side of the housing, by the door is a vent secured by 4 screws. If this is removed you can get a hand in to unplug the microwave. Replacing the screws that he it onto the shelf is tricky as finding the holes in the microwave body is very hard.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Lettuce Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:50 pm

Thank you for your reply. I found the vinyl stickers and screws and removed them, however the microwave still won’t come out of the housing.  There’s no movement forwards or backwards, but it can be tipped upwards very slightly. I can see with a torch that there are no fixings to the top or sides of it.  I can only think there’s something holding it at the back but can’t see how to get access to the back of it.  The plug is easily visible and accessible in the recess underneath the microwave housing so that’s not a problem to unplug.  It’s a real puzzle!!
Lettuce
Lettuce

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lettuce Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:59 pm

Post Script: 
When I thought about it, I realised I had only removed two screws from the underside of the shelf.  I thought I couldn’t find any more screws until I realised the recess under the microwave housing had a false back. That was hard to remove, but when I finally did I found the other two screws further back and bingo! I was finally able to jiggle the microwave out of its very snug housing!

Thank you very much for your help again Ron!
Lettuce
Lettuce

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback. leave good to hear how folk solve their problems and it's good to hear my comments were helpful.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down