The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak

3 posters

Go down

2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak Empty 2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak

Post by Johnuready Fri May 14, 2021 4:23 am

I can fully understand why some motor homes have damp issues from the inside. My tap fitted to 2011 Broadway had the white push fit connectors between the tap tails and the hot and cold plastic pipes. The tap tails have metal ferrule ends that get pitted with age and the push fit connectors can start to leak as they lose their grip.

If anybody else has this problem I used 10mm compression fittings to refit the tap tails to the internal plastic pipe. Its not an easy job as the space is very limited but could stop a long term slow leak that you would never find behind all the storage under the sink.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Johnuready
Johnuready

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak Empty Re: 2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak

Post by abmnw Fri May 14, 2021 6:20 am

Had a similar problem on hot water pipe by the boiler, main problem on mine was caused by the fact that the plastic pipes didn't have the inserts fitted to prevent the pipe collapsing in on itself.  According to blurb the inserts are not necessary but then why do they sell them lol.  When I took the joint apart you could see where the pipes had started to collapse which loosened the joint enough for it to start leaking.  I bought new push fit connectors & the inserts, fitted it all back together & all good again!

Col
abmnw
abmnw

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak Empty Re: 2011 Broadway Kitchen tap leak

Post by BobK Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm

Johnuready.....   With the brass compression fittings,  I would be using inserts on the plastic pipes.......they will collapse sooner or later with the tight olive.    up!
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down