The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EK

5 posters

Go down

Broadway EK Empty Broadway EK

Post by Susanita Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:39 pm

Good morning . We use the long bench behind passenger seat as a bed . Feet pointing towards the rear . There is nothing to stop pillows falling back into the cab , if the cab seat it also facing to the rear.

Has anyone come up with a solution for a rest/end to the bench on the bulkhead behind the cab seat. It appears that fixing an end ‘board’ wouldn’t affect the swivel of the passenger seat.

Thanks
Susanita
Susanita

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Crown EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK Empty Re: Broadway EK

Post by Caraman Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:02 am

I don't know the precise layout of your van but we always sleep the other way around with our feet towards the cab.  In this way the pillows are kept in place by the furniture and our head is less likely to be below the level of our feet which makes for a more comfortable sleep.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Cymro and Skizzydo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Susanita Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:23 am

Thanks. We don’t sleep that way because the TV is sited on the cupboard wall , over the fridge & ‘some people’ watch TV in bed 🤣🤣🤣
I’ve made a temporary solution by wedging the small table top down the side of the sofa …
Susanita
Susanita

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway Crown EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:33 am

Susanita wrote:Thanks. We don’t sleep that way because the TV is sited on the cupboard wall , over the fridge & ‘some people’ watch TV in bed 🤣🤣🤣
I’ve made a temporary solution by wedging the small table top down the side of the sofa …
On later models TV connections are also provided at the cab end which is where we have mounted our TV bracket.  It shouldn't be too difficult to extend your TV connections to the cab end so you can do likewise.  In the daytime we mostly sit/lounge looking forwards at both the TV and the view from the cab window.

It would be uncomfortable for us to sleep the other way around as our heads would be on the reversed cab seat squabs.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucylu Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 pm

We have a Broadway EK and use the bench seat as a bed with head at the cab end too.  I find it much more comfortable to have the cab seat facing forward with the seat pushed back.  You can then lean against the back of the seat when watching TV.  The pillows don’t fall off then either.
Lucylu
Lucylu

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK Empty Bourton pillow stops

Post by Jimmee Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:07 pm

We have a Bourton and have put wooden boards covered in brown fabric which slot in between the two long benches and the wooden structure at the cab end.  Once the bolsters are in place you can’t see them.  It stops the bolster falling off and we can then sleep either end.  Job done and sorted.  I will take a photo and upload.  Mrs Jimmee

Last edited by Jimmee on Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more.)
Jimmee
Jimmee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmee Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:27 am

I’ve uploaded photos.  See separate post under Bourton.
Jimmee
Jimmee

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:03 pm

We sleep with are feet at the cab seat end.my side has the folding table, so a small rubber block was attached to the underside of the table to stop any movement and the creaking of the table mechanism . As we had both electrical and Ariel plugs  for the TV at both ends of NS seat ,so we have no trouble which end to fit the TV.
2019 Mercedes’ based Bourton.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down