The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EL duo

+2
burlingtonboaby
rgermain
6 posters

Go down

Broadway EL duo Empty Broadway EL duo

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi all we are new to owning a MH. We have hired swifts in the past but knew when we were to buy we would want an Autosleeper. We have now purchased a Broadway 2012 el duo 2012. 
We are collecting next Friday from the dealers and setting straight off with it on holiday. 
Sooo my question... is like as much info and tips about this model as you can kindly muster. What questions to ask the dealer. What quirks will it have? 
I’d really like to hear as much as you can find time to share. 
Thank you for your time everyone. Happy traveling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL duo Empty Re: Broadway EL duo

Post by rgermain Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Hmm, can you have a weekend in first, to try things out just in case, we did and I might add had not problems.

How far are you going away from the dealer? Our dealer threw in 2 nights at a local site, which was nice.

Everything should be fine, just make sure you take note of the instructions on handover and see they all work.
---------
Richard
Enjoy your new van
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:59 pm

The dealer is 2 hours from home. We are collecting, having a night only 6 miles from the dealers then plan to go to Scotland. So it’s a gamble I understand. Just hope and pray all will be well or at least not bad enough to warrant coming back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Lizzie on tour wrote:The dealer is 2 hours from home. We are collecting, having a night only 6 miles from the dealers then plan to go to Scotland. So it’s a gamble I understand. Just hope and pray all will be well or at least not bad enough to warrant coming back.
Sounds good, I expect it will be ok.

Enjoy the van and Scotland, should be a good test of things. smile!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:33 pm

Lizzie on tour wrote:Hi all we are new to owning a MH. We have hired swifts in the past but knew when we were to buy we would want an Autosleeper. We have now purchased a Broadway 2012 el duo 2012. 
We are collecting next Friday from the dealers and setting straight off with it on holiday. 
Sooo my question... is like as much info and tips about this model as you can kindly muster. What questions to ask the dealer. What quirks will it have? 
I’d really like to hear as much as you can find time to share. 
Thank you for your time everyone. Happy traveling.
Hi Lizzie 
Welcome to the forum from Bridington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Lizzie on tour wrote:The dealer is 2 hours from home. We are collecting, having a night only 6 miles from the dealers then plan to go to Scotland. So it’s a gamble I understand. Just hope and pray all will be well or at least not bad enough to warrant coming back.
Keep an eye on the news Lizzie, looks like local lockdowns could spring up anywhere across the country.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. As Richard mentioned and don't hold back your questions to seek clarity. Furthermore, ensure to read your owner's manual several times if need be. All on board appliances should also have instructions. Ensure the safe has two keys, the rear view camera has a remote and it works properly.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:54 pm

The thing that caught me out on our first trip (which was to Croatia) happened in Luxembourg when I needed to take on water with the Whale inlet. I drove to the tap and spent about 10 minutes trying without success to get water in. For the Whale to allow water in habitation electrics must be ON. But, when you start the engine to drive to the tap habitation electrics are AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHED OFF. You have to remember to switch them back ON.
If water is very slow going in then check that the filter in the solenoid valve is not blocked. It is located in the offside bed locker, behind a black plastic cover screwed to floor and wall behind the water inlet. It's easily removed as the pile fittings are all push fit type.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:12 am

Thank you so much all for your help. A safe was mentioned we didn’t even know it has one? Can you tell me more about it please? 
Also thank you regarding the filling of water advice. We will most certainly refer back to this post on our first fill. Thank you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:19 am

Welcome to the forum. I too would have chosen the route Richard suggests.
I notice you in are in the North West.
Can I ask who the dealer is ?   
Some are better than others at handovers and as you are going away straight away would make certain you don’t get a shorty You need at least an hout spent on electrics, water, heating.filling and emptying.appliance operations. General vehicle issues
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 am

We haven’t bought locally. We’ve bought from Fuller Leisure in Nottingham. Hopefully no one has any horror stories!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 am

I'd gladly explain more about the safe but on this public platform it would give advantage to would be criminals so best left for the hand over from your dealer. Anyway, congratulations on your choice of van. As ours is similar, any further advice please ask. Regards.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am

Yep that’s an excellent point. We didn’t even know it had one so it’ll definitely now be on my list of ever growing questions for Friday. Part of the fun is the discovery :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 am

Yes indeed, very exciting time for you. You may wish in future to communicate with us via private messaging  PM for any specific info re your Broadway.  smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:58 am

Lizzie on tour wrote:We haven’t bought locally. We’ve bought from Fuller Leisure in Nottingham. Hopefully no one has any horror stories!
Hi and welcome, we bought our previous van from Fuller Leisure nearly10 years ago now. They were good to deal with from the first contact. Their hand over was the best we’ve had out of the 5 vans we’ve bought. The manufacturer of the van we bought went out of business and Fullers agreed to cover the conversion warranty, crucially in writing. A good decision on their part as it did not cost them anything because nothing went wrong.

At the time of buying I did as much research into Fullers as I could manage and found nothing bad. Hopefully for you they are the same today. 

Incidentally a couple of nights locally (Clumber Park CMC is nearby) is a good idea to become familiar with your new van and gives the opportunity to pop back to Fullers should you need to. 

Good luck.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank Harry. Let’s hope we have a good experience too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down