The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial

2 posters

Go down

netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial  Empty netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Wed May 11, 2022 4:57 pm

Evening all - does anyone use the netgear nighthawk M1 mifi router in their motorhome? If so - how have you found it and have you used an external aerial with it (in which case which one and how effective is it?)
Many thanks in advance
steve  allthumbz
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial  Empty Re: netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial

Post by FreelanderUK Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:51 am

Did you get the nighthawk router , I have just bought a Nighthawk M2 to use in the Van

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial  Empty Re: netgear nighthawk m1 wifi and aerial

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:21 pm

hi yes we did and it has worked very well. we didnt bother getting external aerials. so far we have had no problems with it. we added some velcro to the base and corresponding loop velcro to the dashboard and so we can travel with it secured safely on the dash.
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019
Vehicle Year : 2019

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply , mine will be here on Tuesday so it will replace the Huawei mifi that’s fitted with 5G external Ariel on the van roof, I will do a few speed test of before and after fitting and hopefully so an increase, just got a 150gb SIM card from Vodafone for £10 a month for 24 months 

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:06 pm

My Netgear Nighthawk M2 arrived today so out to the van I went , I tested the speed of the broadband  a few times with the HUAWEI E5785 and the connected external antenna and then with out the antenna and the results as follow
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I then tested the speed with the M2 with and with out the antenna 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These speed checks were repeated a few times for each one and as shown the M2 produced the better results , all test done on the driveway with a Vodafone SIM card that I use in the van

Male

Back to top Go down