The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor

+3
IanH
Dbvwt
rogerblack
7 posters

Go down

Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor Empty Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor

Post by rogerblack Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:08 am

Has anyone bought one of these and got any feedback?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/12v-cordless-mini-air-compressor/p/808783560995201?utm_source=Aldi&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=12v-cordless-mini-air-compressor&utm_campaign=NFSBCATEGORIES170322D&utm_cid=DM107234

Looks ok for the van, says Max. working pressure: 10.3 bar (150PSI) and being cordless would be a lot handier than my old inflator which needs to be plugged into the 12V cigar socket.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor Empty Re: Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor

Post by Dbvwt Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:24 pm

Looks good Roger. I borrowed something similar from a neighbour and it took ages although the Aldi one does look beefier.
Would be interested how you find it if you get one.
I still find nothing beats my hand bike pump for the car and van smile!

Last edited by Dbvwt on Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor Empty Re: Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor

Post by IanH Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:45 pm

I have exactly one of these Roger, Lidl not Aldi, but same I think.
Couple of points...

It works very well, my tyres are all 60psi it manages that easily.
The trigger lock and preset max pressure are both good as its not fast!
On a full charge it will top up all 4 of mine from, just say, 55 to 60.
It also has a 12v direct input from a cigar lighter plug. This would work fine, but in most cases the cable wouldnt reach a rear tyre from the dash.
The main battery is mains charged, so either charge from EHU or, in our case a 300w inverter, only used while travelling.

Car and bike tyres, mine are 75psi, are no challenge to it.

All in all imho a better option than a wired compressor.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback IanH, the reviews on the Aldi site are a bit mixed.  I think I'll risj it - just need to find something costing a penny to get to the free carriage amount!

Dbvwt - manual bike pump? You must have arms like Popeye!   greetings

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Just ordered one myself so thanks for the tip. Ordered a paintbrush and roller set for £4.99 to get free delivery, always using them! Wonder if my De Walt batteries will fit it, looks similar but ..... scratch head
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:40 pm

Wonder if my De Walt batteries will fit it, looks similar but ..... Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor 256783

Virtual guarantee they won't. Only tool range with not only interchangeable batteries and good prices too are the Lidl ones
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:57 pm

Cheers Ian
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:31 pm

One thing I have to take into account is the mounting point for the air suspension controls, which makes access to one of the two valves difficult. One of my compressors is fiddly but just about ok, but the heavy duty one doesn’t fit because of the hose being too stiff to fit round the B pillar in the limited space. I’m wondering if this might be the answer, as it seems to clip on at 90 degrees rather than screw on.

Actually, I’m now wondering if you can buy just the clip on end as an adaptor to use with any compressor with a screw fit.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:04 am

That was the one thing I wasn't so keen on was the clip-on connector - I actually prefer the threaded type, especially for the van wheels with trim covers. 

I do have some valve extensions somewhere (packed away with the boat transom wheels?) which take the clip on but they're a bit of a faff. I might try sourcing or making up a short flexible adaptor hose.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:22 am

These are available, just screws on to the screw fitting, 
Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor Inflat10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:47 am

Hi Caslon -  thanks for that but what I am looking for is the opposite, I need a female screw on the end that goes onto the tyre valve, rather than the angled lever one as it fouls on the wheel trims and it's what the Aldi unit comes with.

Can you let me know where you saw this for sale as they may well have the version I need?

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:05 am

Search for tyre inflator connector on Amazon, there are all kinds of adaptor things there.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:41 am

rogerblack wrote:Hi Caslon -  thanks for that but what I am looking for is the opposite, I need a female screw on the end that goes onto the tyre valve, rather than the angled lever one as it fouls on the wheel trims and it's what the Aldi unit comes with.

Can you let me know where you saw this for sale as they may well have the version I need?

When I was looking for the same, no luck, but I found these which I fitted to the standard hose having removed the clip on end, secured with a small jubilee clip.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303238398072?hash=item469a6ac078:g:h1YAAOSw3jFdPsb~

Aldi 12V Cordless Mini Air Compressor S-l16010

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

rogerblack likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:10 pm

groundhog wrote:Just ordered one myself so thanks for the tip. Ordered a paintbrush and roller set for £4.99 to get free delivery, always using them! Wonder if my De Walt batteries will fit it, looks similar but ..... scratch head

Check "Bauker" batteries at Toolstation which may fit.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:48 am

There's really no need to worry, the battery supplied, fully charged, will easily cope with any routine top up of all 5 wheels, we store ours fully charged or charge it from the inverter while driving. In that case it'd cope with a bigger leakage than just a top-up.
Let's face it if a tyre is flat you need the spare!! 
On that subject, we keep the spare at 60psi, same as the other 4 at all times, bad enough having to change to it far less changing then inflating!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down