The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers

4 posters

Go down

Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers Empty Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Has anyone bought some Mud Munchers and if so have they been useful, or do you use something else? They are a wheel strap-on that you use in an emergency to gain extra grip in muddy conditions.

https://fuellagoon.co.uk/collections/accessories/products/mud-muncher

First my back story about Fuel Lagoons screen covers. Following Paul M's recommendation I bought a plain black deluxe motorcaravan screen cover from Fuel Lagoon. It fits the bill in the warmer weather, it's light, compact and adds a bit of insulation. More importantly, it added a little more privacy in the front in places where our Remis blinds are a bit deficient. Their website now advises against their use on vans that have Remis blinds. I am not sure why. Perhaps if they had added even an extra inch or 2 inches of material their screen cover would fit much better around the wing mirrors on our van without any stretching. Whilst their screen cover does almost fit I am sort of planning in future to add some extra lengths to the Velcro straps. My opinion is that the Fuel Lagoons lightweight screens with Remis blinds are 95% of being acceptable. It just needs an extra inch. No sniggering in the back row please, it's not an ocarina. (ref. Monty Python's Meaning of Life)

Today on their website I notice they sell Mud Munchers, do I need to buy any? We once got stuck in mud. We were in Normandy in the 1970s and I chose to pitch our campervan on a quiet corner of the campsite. Later on I realised that the ground was very soft and when we wanted to leave we needed an international group of fellow campers to push us back onto solid ground. My thanks go out to all fellow campers who have come to the aid of a camper in distress.

Mud Munchers, worth buying and keeping in the van?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers Empty Re: Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:33 pm

I'd forgotten all about those. I think they're a good idea, not sure if worth £40 though.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers Empty Re: Fuel Lagoon's Mud Munchers and screen covers

Post by Caraman Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:03 pm

I read reviews of things like the Mud Muncher.  A problem was they were difficult to remove after use as their fixing trap had become stressed.  In the end I settled on a pair of Monster Mats  https://motorhomeessentials.com/product/monster-mat/ which I have used but not yet in bad conditions.  I previously had lighter and smaller yellow Fiamma mats but didn't find them much use.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Snow chains are the answer.
Wizard
Wizard

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Talisman
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down