The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets

+3
murph
deckie
CC
7 posters

Go down

Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets Empty Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets

Post by CC Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 pm

At the P'boro show we purchased some additional magnets from the Taylormade stand, the screen covers as anyone who has purchased them will know, come with two magnets that attach to the velcro on the door sections. Anyway... the chap asked where I wanted them for and before I could answer he said the bonnet? When I replied yes, he said it wasn't recommended as it had been suggested that the X250's had suffered damage to the engine as a result of their use, but he gave no further info so can only presume he meant that they could interfere with the electrical side of things like the ECU? Has anyone else heard of anything along these lines or is able to clarify further??

The magnets are extremely powerful, but would they really actually be able to upset something or is he just covering himself by mentioning the fact that potentially it could scratch head

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets Empty Re: Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets

Post by deckie Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:16 am

Hi CC,

Not sure myself whether magnets could upset the ECU or anything else, from that distance ….

But with everyone and his dog (sorry Candy snigger ) getting in on the litigation bandwagon, you can understand his concern !!

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets Empty magnets

Post by murph Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:15 am

Hi CC
Bear in mind that with powerfull magnets the whole bonnet would be magnetised, and if in place for long periods this magnetism could be permenant.

Brian 2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets Empty Re: Taylormade Screen Covers & Using Magnets

Post by deka Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:57 pm

[ used the magnets on my 2009 X250 for 2 years on the bonnet with no trouble at all
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Blimey, thread 4 years old, where did you dig that from?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Is Cruzincomet still with the forum Paul ? Haven't seen him post for awhile.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 pm

For the benefit of anyone for whom this revitalised old thread is still relevant, I'm guessing that's why although they still use the magnets sewn into Velcro pockets (hedgehogs) for the side door panels, the bonnet panel now uses a couple of long elasticated tapes with a Velcro square sewn on one end and a plastic hook/clip on t'other to clip on the grille/spoiler.

I have to say the system is very effective in stopping the wind getting underneath.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:00 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Is Cruzincomet still with the forum Paul ? Haven't seen him post for awhile.
Boaby
Changed his name to CC a while back. Just checked membership list and he last visited forum on 20th October.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down