The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish Sites

+2
TeamRienza
Suf
6 posters

Go down

Spanish Sites Empty Spanish Sites

Post by Suf Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:09 pm

We fancy getting the ferry to Nothern Spain then touring around from there, Basque region then maybe back home via west coast of France or possibly the Camargue area or further into Spain.
Are sites as plentiful in Spain as they are in France ?
 I ask because myself and my son went down to Los Alcazares/ Mar Menor in October 2021 but did it in one hit taking the direct route each way. Along the way I was keeping my eye out for sites but saw few if any until we reached the southern coast of Spain. I don't recall seeing any signage re sites on the return trip as we approached Bilbeo either. Thank Geoff
Suf
Suf

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Spanish Sites Empty Re: Spanish Sites

Post by TeamRienza Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:25 pm

Hopefully you will get a few recommendations from members, but a good resource is,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They also sell a discount card for most of Europe a with book of sites who are part of the scheme. These apply in low season.

Is also my favourite tool. Free as a website, £5 approx for an app which works on and off line. You need to select an area to search (say a town) as there is no zoom in/out facility. Big advantage is it covers campsites, Aires, service points, cs and cl sites and wild camp spots. Also has the advantage of reviews by ordinary users.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Suf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:36 pm

Try also the Campy app, or website (it’s free).

v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:00 pm

If you search for ferry crossings on the net just be aware when you have checked out sailings and pricing but can't make up your mind to book it there and then even if you click on save my quote I can assure you when you do retrieve it say the next day the price will have gone up.
I did exactly that this weekend and the price increased by £90  Portsmouth to Bilbao return trip out in April Back in May a 5-week trip.
that was me trying to find it cheaper than the original quote. I all so tried on the camping and caravan club site which is supposed to be cheaper they were over £50 more. I booked with Ferries Direct with a £90 increase best deal I could find.
ACSI camping card is a must if using sites in Europe.
fred1
fred1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:11 am

fred1 wrote:If you search for ferry crossings on the net just be aware when you have checked out sailings and pricing but can't make up your mind to book it there and then even if you click on save my quote I can assure you when you do retrieve it say the next day the price will have gone up.
I did exactly that this weekend and the price increased by £90  Portsmouth to Bilbao return trip out in April Back in May a 5-week trip.
that was me trying to find it cheaper than the original quote. I all so tried on the camping and caravan club site which is supposed to be cheaper they were over £50 more. I booked with Ferries Direct with a £90 increase best deal I could find.
Clear your browsing history and you won't have that problem Fred, it's as easy as that.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:14 am

mcalid wrote:
fred1 wrote:If you search for ferry crossings on the net just be aware when you have checked out sailings and pricing but can't make up your mind to book it there and then even if you click on save my quote I can assure you when you do retrieve it say the next day the price will have gone up.
Clear your browsing history and you won't have that problem Fred, it's as easy as that.
I should have added, after every search.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:46 am

TeamRienza wrote:Hopefully you will get a few recommendations from members, but a good resource is,

They also sell a discount card for most of Europe a with book of sites who are part of the scheme. These apply in low season.

Is also my favourite tool. Free as a website, £5 approx for an app which works on and off line. You need to select an area to search (say a town) as there is no zoom in/out facility. Big advantage is it covers campsites, Aires, service points, cs and cl sites and wild camp spots. Also has the advantage of reviews by ordinary users.

Davy
I don’t understand your comment about no zoom facility. I find the general area and zoom quite easily to find sites there.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:37 am

Thanks for that mcalid I didn't realize that I have Mac and Safari stops you from being profiled by companies but I will clear browsing history from now on.
fred1
fred1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 am

What I should have said was that the zoom is limited to a maximum of 50 miles and is excellent in what it does, however to see another area, you need to recentre and reload, so you don’t get an overview of more than an hours travel in each bite so limited in that respect. Certainly not very practical as a route planner.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:03 pm

Search for sites is a brilliant site I suggest if you haven't used it before download it to your computer/ tablet and play around with it it's not always obvious how to use it but playing around searching ect you gradually fathom things out then if happy join for a fiver and you then have the app that lets you use it fully offline. I find a tablet or laptop much easier to navigate the site than a phone as the screen is that much larger also I find a phone more fiddly to use just because of its size. There is a radius bar that you slide to set your search area. It does give postcode and coordinates to places but not a route.
fred1
fred1

Male

Back to top Go down