The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cab Repairs

Go down

Cab Repairs Empty Cab Repairs

Post by Dave 418 Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:31 pm

I have had the Rienza in the body shop this week to tidy up the o/s/f wheel arch. When we bought the Rienza I could tell there had been a repair to the wheel arch but it looked tidy and wasnt rusty but after six years rust started to show through.
The body shop phone me today to say it was all done. The wheel arch had a dent the same shape and size as a concrete gate post under a lump of filler. To make a permanent repair they cut out the damage and inserted a section from a wheel arch repair panel. 
Also they said the n/s sill hade a small section of rough paint so they have rubbed that down and sprayed it. 
After the repairs the Duetto needed I dreaded the phone call. Hopefully the Rienza will not be another rust trap giving us lots more travels and adventures. 
I can’t collect it until Tuesday once management has been for her appointment and we are allowed out of isolation.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cab Repairs Empty Re: Cab Repairs

Post by Dave 418 Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 pm

The Rienza is back and looking a lot smarter without the rust. They have stone chipped the underside of both cills  and re sprayed them. 
They said there was no rust on the inside of the wheel arch when they cut the damaged section out. Considering how bad our Duetto was it looks like we are ahead of any rust issues so far.
It’s back on the drive on hook up to keep it aired so we now need to give it a good clean. It’s surprising we’re the dust has settled.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down