The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tesco reading room

5 posters

Go down

Tesco reading room Empty Tesco reading room

Post by Askit Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:14 am

I went, as usual, to Tesco this morning for my Sunday newspapers (local newsagents have all closed twiddle_thumbs ). They are the only newspapers I buy on a regular basis now. When I get into the store there are three men (not together) at the news stand flicking through the various newspapers, reading stories, with no intention of buying anything  confused3  Meanwhile I've got to politely ask them to excuse me so I can get to the ones I want.  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Mike187 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tesco reading room Empty Re: Tesco reading room

Post by Mike187 Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Yes it is annoying when when your half way through an article and someone wants to get in to buy a paper!snigger

As a slight aside since lockdown I’ve started borrowing our local library ebooks  and occasionally audiobooks but they also have a good selection of magazines (about 200 titles) available including MMM.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:59 pm

Askit wrote:I went, as usual, to Tesco this morning for my Sunday newspapers (local newsagents have all closed twiddle_thumbs ). They are the only newspapers I buy on a regular basis now. When I get into the store there are three men (not together) at the news stand flicking through the various newspapers, reading stories, with no intention of buying anything  confused3  Meanwhile I've got to politely ask them to excuse me so I can get to the ones I want.  shrugg
My wife down loads the Mail each night for £10.99 a month , not sure if its your choice of paper Tony, Record or Sunday post for the Broons maybe.  hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:27 pm

My late father in law used to go in the book shops in Manchester and read a chapter from a book each lunch time. He said the posh book shop provided seats so he couldn’t anything wrong with it.
I think Waterstones in Lincoln even have a coffee shop now but I suppose you are supposed to buy the books.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:51 am

We are all different, haven't bought a newspaper in many many years and even when hotels and airlines offer me a free one I refuse the offer. Only good for lighting fires as far as I am concerned. Magazines I accept are a separate matter. look here
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down