Tesco fuel

Go down

Tesco fuel

Post by bristol170kj on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:06 pm

A couple of weeks ago we did a shop at our local Tesco - just over £60.  Paid and got a slip saying we could get £0.10 off a litre.  Only one problem, their petrol station is closed for serious renovation and will not be open until after the time limit on the slip.  The nearest Tesco petrol would make it uneconomical to fill there.  So had a word with Tesco management - not interested, it's a national wide campaign.  But why have they got notices all around the store advertising this special offer that we can't take advantage of.
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tesco fuel

Post by groundhog on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:33 pm

At least you've got one nearby... we haven't fedup
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Suggest you put this on their Twitter feed. 
I found they reacted straight away to a problem I was having where the local store weren't interested at all when I had spoken to them. As soon as I put the problem on Twitter, it was fed along the line and got resolved very promptly with apologies and action from the store manager via email, all copied up the regional management chain of course.

rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://www.crailholiday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:45 am

rogerblack wrote:Suggest you put this on their Twitter feed. 
I found they reacted straight away to a problem I was having where the local store weren't interested at all when I had spoken to them. As soon as I put the problem on Twitter, it was fed along the line and got resolved very promptly with apologies and action from the store manager via email, all copied up the regional management chain of course.
Yes, that's a big problem these days.  Unless you participate on social media (I don't) then the world is on a different plane to the one your on :(
Maybe this OAP should come into the 21st century :)
bristol170kj

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:58 am

bristol170kj wrote:
Yes, that's a big problem these days.  Unless you participate on social media (I don't) then the world is on a different plane to the one your on :(
Stick to the bristol freighter.... is that Silver City Airways in your avatar?

Back to fuel now....
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:13 am

groundhog wrote:
bristol170kj wrote:
Stick to the bristol freighter.... is that Silver City Airways in your avatar?

Back to fuel now....
Yes, Silver City at Lydd.  My Mum and Dad and I were off to Spain camping.  First time abroad at the age of about 11 or 12.  So that would make it 1961 or 1962.  My first flight!
bristol170kj

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:49 pm

bristol170kj wrote:
Doesn't an online forum such as this one count as social media?

rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

View user profile http://www.crailholiday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:20 am

I woud suggest you had spoken to a Duty manager not the store manager ..... I would be very surprised if the actual store manager behaved in that manner. We have a lot of very inexperienced Duty managers in the retail industry nowadays. I would also contact their H.O who I am confident will get the matter resolved.
Niall.
Suppersready

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Had the same problems when Morrisons opened near us. Earned my money off coupon, but there is no petrol station within miles. Some perk!
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down