The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van?

5 posters

Go down

What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van? Empty What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van?

Post by RogerThat Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi everyone.

Outdoor cookie newbie here... in all the years I've enjoying this motorhoming malarky I have never once cooked outdoors.

This needs to change.

I take my dog for a morning walk and as I leave or return to site, I can just smell bacon being cooked all over the place!!  Sooooooo jealous hugegrins

I'm thinking of buying a simple "Cadac Grill 2 Braai":

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The question is....

How do I connect this to the BBQ outlet point on my PVC?  (same connectors as a Warwick XL)

I think I need a length of orange gas hose to connect to the Cadac, I assume with a jubilee clip, but then what do I need to connect the other end of the hose to the van?

And do I need a regulator of some sorts too?

Any help for an outdoor cooking newbie very much welcomed confused3
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van? Empty Re: What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van?

Post by RogerThat Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:47 pm

I think this is everything I need, but again, concerned by the lack of a regulator in the equation.

Is a reg needed?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van? Empty Re: What do I need to connect a Cadac to my van?

Post by BobK Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:57 am

From memory, my Cadac came with hose and brass connector to screw  to the actual  burner unit. .     Looks like you will need  the item in your first picture to connect the hose to the barbecue point on the van  (unless A.S. have a special bayonet fitting.)     I would imagine that the gas supply from the van will already be regulated by the van on-board regulator so would not need a secondary one.    Someone with a similar van will verify.    Obviously if using a separate gas bottle you would need a regulator .
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:33 am

No regulator needed as the supply is through the vans regulator.  You just need the hose and the brass connector shown first in your list. I'm sure the hose will come with the cadac but you might prefer a slightly longer one.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaphead Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:07 pm

I got my daughter a Cadac (safari chef) and it came with a quick connector.

Dave C.
Slaphead
Slaphead
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Medallion (Merc)
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Brilliant, thanks everyone!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Before buying, check that the operating pressure of the appliance is compatable with the output pressure at the bbq point on the van. A lot of bbq's designed to run from freestanding bottles require a much higher pressure than the vans regulated output.
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down