Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by Voyager1 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am

I purchased a new AS Bourton in May 2919 and I noticed that many of the functions relating to Mercedes Pro Connect via the MBUX system were not operable. The Mercedes Benz website goes to some length as a selling point advocating the functions available but these are aimed specifically at commercial customers but the website did go on to explain that a limited number of the functions were available to private customers and through liaison with the dealership they could be activated after signing an agreement. Some of these functions are available for the life of the vehicle, such as SOS Emergency button (which was active), however, the MBUX display has the words in red lettering ‘SOS NOT READY’. Other functions that should be available once the agreement (terms and conditions) are signed are Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) and automatic updates relating to the vehicle to name just a couple. 
The dealership where I purchased the vehicle was none the wiser so I contacted AS who immediately put me in touch with Rygor who supply the chassis to them, and who were very helpful although they admitted this was all new to them. 
To cut a very long story short Mercedes, apparently, have realised that Mercedes Pro Connect cannot be activated for private customers as the sign up process involves business accounts, fleet managers etc and they have transferred the Sprinter over to MercedesMe which is aimed at private customers and has been active in their cars for a while. The transfer to MercedesMe only occurred last week (Tues, I believe) and I received texts and emails to say that an update of 21 MercedesMe services were being transferred to my vehicle imminently although it could take 48 hours or longer. I have a MercedesMe account (no cost) but I am still, after a week, waiting for the updates. 
Has anyone else any experience of this, success or otherwise?

Last edited by Voyager1 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Title amendment)
Voyager1
Voyager1
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Re: Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by LDPD on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 am

A similar journey of discovery (or tale of woe?) and still waiting for my local Rygor dealer to update me on availability through Mercedes.me.

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Re: Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by LDPD Yesterday at 6:24 pm

LDPD wrote:A similar journey of discovery (or tale of woe?) and still waiting for my local Rygor dealer to update me on availability through Mercedes.me.
My local Rygor dealer has now said they can't authorise my mercedes.me account as the vehicle wasn't bought from them! Will tackle AS tomorrow.

Anyone have any success with getting this sorted?

Donator
Donator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum