The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for advice on where to get parts

+2
Paramedic
k_ogilvie
6 posters

Go down

Looking for advice on where to get parts Empty Looking for advice on where to get parts

Post by k_ogilvie Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi guys, 

We have recently bought a 1996 Renault Autosleeper Romero campervan. We are loving the van and being able to get out and about but unfortunately we had a bit of a mishap yesterday. 

We've been advised by our mechanic that we need to replace some of our exhaust system and need a new downpipe through to the silencer unit.

Despite looking online most of today, I have been yet unable to find anywhere that can supply these parts. 

Any info or advice would be very greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,
Karen
k_ogilvie
k_ogilvie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Romero
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on where to get parts Empty Re: Looking for advice on where to get parts

Post by Paramedic Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. Likely advice will come your way soon.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on where to get parts Empty Re: Looking for advice on where to get parts

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:03 pm

Google 'custom exhausts' or 'bespoke exhausts' .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 pm

k_ogilvie wrote:Despite looking online most of today, I have been yet unable to find anywhere that can supply these parts. 

Hello Karen - you have quite a rare AutoSleepers conversion there. You won't find a huge number of owners here, but quite a few of the parts are likely to be common with the other Trafic-based models such as the Rapport.

From the experience that we had with our Trooper, you need to buy with care when it comes to exhaust parts, because "generic" systems for the Trafic of your year may not be designed to cater for the under-floor tanks. We had to return a stainless system that we bought online for this reason - fortunately the supplier simply refunded us because we had warned them about the tanks before buying.

As Paul says, take it to one of the many firms that will make a custom exhaust for you. If you intent to keep it for a while, it would probably be worth getting one in stainless. On the Trooper we paid around £500 for a complete stainless system, less the downpipe (because ours has a catalytic converter, which a Trafic won't).

If you haven't already heard of it, it would be worthwhile getting in touch with the RTMR - I found that very useful when I owned a Rapport.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:38 am

Means doing a posting search a few years ago we had a member who was involved with a Renault owners groups who was very handy at giving parts sources.  Whilst I dont think he comes on now if you can find him there maybe an email link you could ask him for sources.

I have a bit on today otherwise would have had a look back for you.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:32 am

Trafficlady is still involved with RTMR I believe.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Rutz&Mutts Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Exhausts UK Sheffield maybe able to help.
They make custom exhaust systems.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down