The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EK over-sink light question

3 posters

Go down

Broadway EK over-sink light question Empty Broadway EK over-sink light question

Post by Quilter Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 pm

We’ve owned this van from new and given it heavy use, for over 7 years. We’ve only just noticed that the oval plastic lamp cover over the kitchen sink is yellow. I’m sure this has not always been so yet the light seems in perfect working order and the plastic is uniformally yellow not blotchy as we’d expect if it had been discoloured  because of a fault. All the rest of the van lights have opaque white shades.

Are we right and it has changed colour, or are we unobservant and it’s always been yellow ? If it has changed colour can anyone suggest why ?  It won’t wash off.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK over-sink light question Empty Re: Broadway EK over-sink light question

Post by Mike187 Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:20 pm

I happen to have a new one in my garage waiting to be fitted where I have removed the extractor, it is definitely white, just checked. 

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Broadway EK over-sink light question Empty Re: Broadway EK over-sink light question

Post by Quilter Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Thanks Mike. We think it was originally white but can’t think how it has changed colour. It’s the same colour that things go in houses where there are smokers, but we aren’t.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 pm

A photo: ( light on)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:53 pm

I’ll check, if I remember, next time I go to the van in storage and see if the one over sink has discoloured, certainly the ceiling ones haven’t but the sink one you don’t really see.

Is it really that colour or is the camera that has made it more yellow, I’m sure ours is not that colour.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:57 pm

Mike187 wrote:I’ll check, if I remember, next time I go to the van in storage and see if the one over sink has discoloured, certainly the ceiling ones haven’t but the sink one you don’t really see.

Is it really that colour or is the camera that has made it more yellow, I’m sure ours is not that colour.

Mike

No it really is that colour. What surprises us is that the colour is so uniform with no blotching etc. It’s all the way through the plastic, inside and out too.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Is it the cover or lamp inside changed colour? Mine is definitely white.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:39 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Is it the cover or lamp inside changed colour? Mine is definitely white.

No, just the cover. The lamp inside is in good clean working order with no discolouration or signs there have been problems. 

We’re just about to write to Luma to ask if they have an explanation and can supply a new cover rather than the complete fitting which we do not want.

Thanks both, we were beginning to wonder if we had simply missed the fact that it had been yellow from new.

( Edit to add: the lamp inside is an LED so no overheating.)
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 pm

I seem to remember reading that these lights are longer made, I certainly had trouble finding the one I have.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down