The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway

+3
shipbadger
v8oholic
DEllis
7 posters

Go down

Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway  Empty Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway

Post by DEllis Sat May 29, 2021 8:56 am

Hi all,
I am back again with another round of first time owner questions:-

1.  Can you fill the fresh water tank from a container and if so how?
2. How do you get the puriclean solution into the fresh water tank?

Thank you in advance for your wisdom.

Dermot
DEllis
DEllis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway  Empty Re: Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway

Post by v8oholic Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 am

Is it the Whale system you have? But (unlike later vans) without the conventional filler as well?
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway  Empty Re: Filling fresh water tank in 2013 Broadway

Post by shipbadger Sat May 29, 2021 10:01 am

I need to fill the water tank when at home from a trailer caravan owners favourite, an aquaroll.  I've just had a socket fitted near the water intake for a Whale pump to be connected.  Done at the last hab check.  You don't need an aquaroll of course, you could just use a bucket.  I don't know the layout of your van but on my old Legend there was a convenient 12V socket just inside a window so I had an extension lead to provide the 12V for the pump so didn't need the exterior socket.

Can't answer for the Puriclean as I've never used it or anything else similar.

If you only need to put comparatively small amounts of water in, and possibly your Puriclean, then a watering can, kept for the purpose can be used.  Ones with flattened sides are easier to store.  I keep one on board for filling the toilet tank which on my van needs it's own supply and is on the opposite side of the van to the water inlet.

Tony Comber
shipbadger
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sat May 29, 2021 10:06 am

You should have one of these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just putt the pump in the container and plug the other end in the water fill point.  You need the 12v electrics on and maybe the option on the control panel for external pump switched to on although it doesn’t make a difference on mine. Just add your puriclean to the container of water and pump it in. I have 2x5 gallon containers I use to fill up at the vans storage site and 23l fiamma water container I use when away.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Sat May 29, 2021 10:12 am

That pump is (I think) a Whale EP1612 in case you need to google it. I was wondering about getting one.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sat May 29, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi  
 they come in different lengths so it depends how high the filler is to what you need sold at a discount on eBay or just shop around
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 29, 2021 7:38 pm

The system is a bit marmite, love it or hate it, personally I really like it. Recall a couple of years ago being in a dry area of France and short of water, nearly all churchyards have a tap so just wheeled a 25L on a folding trolley to the tap and used the above pump to fill up. two trips and we were full, it was quite a walk as well.
French vans behind were using watering cans and drivers having to walk many times to get water, usual huddle staring at this strange English system with lots of hon he hon going on. Wouldn't be without it. hugegrins

To get puriclean or anything else in the tank put it in a bucket with some water and use the pump as above would seem the most logical way to do it. Never had to myself as ours has a henderson hatch fitted so can clean the tank, clean the gauge senders and change the submersible pump easily.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 pm

I dissolved the puriclean in warm water in the watering can & then tip it in through the fill point.  (Not where the pump goes).  If you dont have the separate fill point just use the pump into the container.  I followed the instructions on the puriclean tub - it said how much for the size of tank.  I think you then had to fill the tank, and leave it a few hours.
HJA
HJA

Female

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by DEllis Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:46 am

Yes, we have a whale system. Our whale system comes with only tap connector and no conventional filler as well. It didn't seem to be working when we connected it to a tap.  We could have been doing something wrong though!

We don't have the pump attachment shown in the image, just the standard connect to mains.
DEllis
DEllis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:07 pm

Make sure you have the 12v habitation electrics on or it won’t fill, trust me easy to forget! It allows the tank float to open the solenoid valve to open to allow water into the tank and then close when the tank is full.

You need the the external pump to fill from a container if you want to add puriclean to the tank.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down