The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freshwater filling on 2009 broadway

5 posters

Go down

freshwater filling on 2009 broadway Empty freshwater filling on 2009 broadway

Post by terryandjudy Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm

My problem, The filling method is to connect up to outside tap, lift lid on van insert truma nozzle turn on tap till water exits breather turn every thing off and job done?
I have found on occasion that you suddenly hear the bleep telling you that you need to refill tank which means packing up etc. So i thinks why not buy pump and nozzle off E-Bay then all i need is fresh water holder connect up and again job done. So bought pump and nozzle tested kit via battery and bucket of water everything ok,transfer bucket etc to van( water tank is empty by way ) stick pump in bucket insert nozzle nothing happens?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] scatches head for moment? disconnects everything. Using elec tester find no supply at contacts in filler cubicle. so this morning ring Autosleeper Service for advice they tell me should be reading across terminals and if not tank is full of water? no it is not, so check fuses in van to pumps one and two done and everything ok no other advice from them Soooooo can anybody help me
Thanks terryandtudy
terryandjudy
terryandjudy

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

freshwater filling on 2009 broadway Empty Re: freshwater filling on 2009 broadway

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon May 19, 2014 3:39 pm

The only thing that I can think of is to have a look on the control panel - there is a select for internal and external pump. It caught me out.......

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

freshwater filling on 2009 broadway Empty Re: freshwater filling on 2009 broadway

Post by Backtrax Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

To get 12v to the fill point terminals you must have the following.
All on the control Panel :-
Power button ON
Tap button ON
Pump select switch set to EXTERNAL or BOTH

In addition - if you have a Whale fill system then the tank must not be full.
On the Truma system there is no fill sensor which can disconnect the 12v supply.
Backtrax
Backtrax

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I leave the setting to 'both' so there is always power to the contacts when the pump switch on the control panel is switched on.  You will see from the photograph that I have installed a switch in the pump wiring so I can control the process from outside.

The Truma system will not operate if the Sargent fresh water level indicator is at 100% and it will stop the fill when 100% is reached if using a pump fill.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Good idea putting the extra switch on there.......  up!

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

freshwater filling on 2009 broadway Empty BROADWAY 2009 FILLING FRESH WATER TANK

Post by terryandjudy Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 pm

To DuxDeluxe Backtrax and Peter Brown.

I would like to thank you all for the advice re filling freshwater tank on Broadway especially Peter with his added bonus of fitting a switch on the Truma filler this will be my next task, I cannot thank you all enough for your advice on my problem, which incidently  works a treat. Boy am I happy bunny allthumbz  allthumbz 

terryandjudy
terryandjudy
terryandjudy

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed May 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Glad you resolved it..... Cheers!

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Thu May 22, 2014 12:20 pm

We at present have no external Truma pump( just got used Devon). Only have Truma tap arrangement so need external pump. Has anyone found a cheaper Truma pump than £52!!?  Seems a lot of money for a pump?

I like your idea Peter with the switch, very neat!!

David

PS  Can anyone advise of the max diameter of the said Truma pump in case my container inlet is too small??

Last edited by nevergiveup on Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu May 22, 2014 12:38 pm

You need 60mm dia. Most water container apertures are too small. I use the watering can that I used to use with a gravity fill.

£52 is a good price. The one at the link below is £47.50 but I haven't checked the delivery cost.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info Peter, Have ordered one at Leisureshop Direct. 60mm opening is a no go so 11 litre watering can from the "Range" for a fiver has us sorted

Regards David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down