The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK

+6
wilksy
Tinwheeler
burlingtonboaby
v8oholic
Paulmold
breakaleg
10 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK  Empty Nuevo EK

Post by breakaleg Fri May 28, 2021 11:54 am

Morning All,
After waiting nine months we were able to pick up or Nuevo EK based on a Fiat with a nine speed auto box 160bhp.

So far after having a few days away we have only had one fault that being a lock sticking on the wet locker which seems to be okay after a bit of oil.

That gearbox is fabulous dosen't seem to recognise hills and the acceleration when you need it is brilliant.

Water pump seems okay, using it on 12 volt or mains dosen't seem to make any difference, not impressed with the camera, can turn it on permantly seems at best a rear view mirror, Iam not confident to use it in tight parking spaces, might look for a blue tooth number plate camera (anyone know of one that is compatible with the present set up?) quality of the monitor picture isn't great either.

The van came with a lithium battery as standard. (didn't have the anniversary model)

I was quite surprised when I came to a halt and the engine stopped, Yes start stop fitted.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Paulmold, v8oholic, Widget, Mike187 and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK  Empty Re: Nuevo EK

Post by Paulmold Fri May 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Peter Brown has written an excellent article on lithium batteries in the latest owners club magazine . Copyright  prevents copying it but perhaps  Peter as the author could put it in the factsheets.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Sounds great! I looked at a new automatic Symbol first, and only didn’t go with it because it had been sold earlier that same day.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri May 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Well done Pete, nice to see you have a great van again, happy holidays.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri May 28, 2021 1:12 pm

"I was quite surprised when I came to a halt and the engine stopped, Yes start stop fitted."

You can disable it if you wish and it only works 2-3 times in heavy traffic due to the battery load it needs. After that, your engine keeps running. It seems a bit pointless to me. shrugg

Agree, great gearbox up!. Enjoy your van.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:"I was quite surprised when I came to a halt and the engine stopped, Yes start stop fitted."

You can disable it if you wish and it only works 2-3 times in heavy traffic due to the battery load it needs. After that, your engine keeps running. It seems a bit pointless to me. shrugg

It doesn’t seem to operate if the fridge is running on 12V either.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri May 28, 2021 1:29 pm

I was trying to read through all the bumff in the folder but lost the will to live.lol
I think it said that if you push a button that looks like an a in a circle you can turn it off.
looking at the picture it looks like it is within the lit display, I will take a look next time I take it out.

our fridge was on 12 volt (well I assume it was) auto selection and it still worked.

Does anyone know of a compatible bluetooth number plate camera? as the camera dosen't show the rear of the van and I really don't like driving by touch,lol
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

The button is just to the right of and below the steering wheel, near the buttons to adjust headlamp level etc. It’s the leftmost one in a row of them IIRC.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri May 28, 2021 2:27 pm

You are correct, V8, and a warning that start/stop is off will appear in the dash display along with a yellow symbol.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Fri May 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Could you tell me how you turn on the camera so it operates all the time instead of when reverse is selected.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri May 28, 2021 3:48 pm

wilksy wrote:Could you tell me how you turn on the camera so it operates all the time instead of when reverse is selected.
I think I’m right in saying that with the inbuilt Peugeot/Fiat camera, you can’t. In my opinion, it would be extremely difficult and unsafe to be looking down at the built in screen when your eyes should be looking forward.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 5:39 pm

wilksy wrote:Could you tell me how you turn on the camera so it operates all the time instead of when reverse is selected.

Does it look like this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That’s what I’ve got, and it does only switch on when reverse is selected. There is no option for that in the manual, it auto switches when 12V is detected on an input wire.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri May 28, 2021 6:14 pm

I turn mine on 
start the engine, press the power button (red) on the remote and it stops on all the time until you turn the engine off.
when you start the engine repeat the sequence.

start stop doesn't affect this.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri May 28, 2021 6:47 pm

That's a different system to mine. My reversing camera is the one supplied with the base vehicle and uses the same screen as the satnav and other bits and pieces.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 7:05 pm

I’ve been looking, and haven’t found one, but I’m surprised nobody sells a dual camera in the same housing which automatically switches between a proper rear view mirror perspective and a reversing camera closeup perspective, with the monitor permanently on. Not just for motorhomes, but for the millions of vans out there with no rear windows.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Teckguy Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:00 pm

There is such a thing, it has two cameras in one and you are able to select either. https://www.parkingcameras.com/store/pm83-7-inch-dash-black-twin-lens.html
Teckguy
Teckguy

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : EK

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:04 pm

Teckguy wrote:There is such a thing, it has two cameras in one and you are able to select either. https://www.parkingcameras.com/store/pm83-7-inch-dash-black-twin-lens.html
Us 1 to that. I have abandoned the camera that was fitted to mine by the dealer and replaced it with that setup. Best view I've ever had in nearly 50 years of towing and motorhoming.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:44 am

breakaleg wrote:Morning All,
After waiting nine months we were able to pick up or Nuevo EK based on a Fiat with a nine speed auto box 160bhp.

That gearbox is fabulous dosen't seem to recognise hills and the acceleration when you need it is brilliant.

The van came with a lithium battery as standard. (didn't have the anniversary model)

Pete
Out of interest does it also have the solar panel with the lithium battery and what size battery is it?  Is it too soon to give an indication of MPG for the auto box?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by peternb Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 pm

Use the remote. Quite a long press on the power button, and it will come on. You can then change the brightness and the depth of field. Still quite difficult to use as a rear view mirror, but it does work.
peternb
peternb

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down