The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK

+5
artheytrate
Cymro
Gromit
gemdeco
toots
9 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK Empty Nuevo EK

Post by toots Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:21 am

Hi All,
First thanks to all who replied to my item when I was thinking of buying a Kemerton XL, we have decided its a bit cramped for us, and now looking at a New - Nuevo EK, it will be ordered soon for delivery 1st March 2016 (so a 2016 model).
Can I ask if there are any "Must Have" options other than the Winter and Premium Packs, such as rear air suspension, plate upgrade from 3300 to 3500 etc. I have being doing a lot of looking around, but nothing better than talking to existing owners.
Any help/info/advise will be gratefully received.
Thanks Anne
toots
toots

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK Empty Re: Nuevo EK

Post by gemdeco Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Anne
    I think you would be wise to go for the plate upgrade as it seems a pain to get it done later I do not know if it is a no cost option,If you have definitely settled on a Nuevo EK go round the dealers and look at late models with different options to make sure you are happy with your choice
   regards Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Anne

Further to Alan's post, you could opt to have it built on a 3500kg chassis, but you would have to have the 130bhp engine rather than the 150bhp one that Autosleepers bang on about in their blurb. Seems daft I know, but Peugeot only fit the less powerful engine in the heavier rated chassis.

I was told the 150bhp engine is "better", but I know no more than that! I think it may be a Ford Puma engine, if that means anything. It's not as economical by about 3 - 4 mpg!!

130bhp is plenty for a Nuevo, so it's not a difficult decision. Getting the van uprated later is not too difficult. It's just a paper exercise done through SV Tech, but it does cost around £250 plus VAT.

Hope this helps

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Just got a Nuevo ES; rated at 3,500 - peversely with the 130 bhp engine. Have quickly established that the engine's fine - more than adequate power, and thus far 29mpg which should improve.

As to extras, as well as the premium and winter packs, I'd uprate the solar panel.

You may find that you buy new kit for it (bike rack etc) and I found that My Manager insisted on replacing leisure chairs, TV, table tripod etc). Fo my part I replaced some ancient continental adaptor leads, and bought a Garmin from Aldi (thanks to a PaulMold tip-off) - such extravagance!
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 pm

A couple more points to ponder Anne.

Cymro is spot on about the solar panel. 30 watts is a bit pathetic.

I would opt for the overcab storage, rather than the scalp roasting window above the cab seats. The extra storage is very useful and A/S will probably be fitting stays on the locker door by then, so it doesn't drop on your head as you try to stuff in the duvet!

The gas tank is pretty minimal too. 16 litres of LPG means frequent trips to top up if you are off hook-up and need the heater. The uprated heater which comes with the winter pack is superb, but it does gobble the gas a bit! Don't think A/S will upgrade the tank, and there's no room for a much bigger one anyway where they install it. Chris Wise at Autogas 2000 can install a second tank if you feel you need one. He is brilliant!

I wish I had asked them not to install the Whale fresh water inlet. I shall never use it, and I could have offset the cost against (say) the uprated solar panel. The trusty watering can suits us well - and also the many people who have borrowed it from us when they didn't want to move their van to the tap, or get out all the Whale gubbins.

Ask for the habitation battery to be fitted right in the corner of the underbed locker. The dozy gits fix it right in the middle of the locker where it couldn't be more inconvenient!

Likewise the Fiamma type fresh water inlet. The hose from the filler to the tank could be much neearer the rear end of the underbed locker - again they put it right in the way!!

There are no shelves in the overhead lockers. I fitted my own, but if you can't do so it might be worth asking how much A/S would charge. The lockers are too deep without shelves and things drop out as you open the doors after a journey.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you will be pleased with the van. If there's a better make or model around of about the same size, we haven't found it.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi Anne
    more thoughts,and more money I do not know weather you have set you heart on a new van,but the Mercedes based Devon and Stanton may be worth considering,with regards to replating I may be old fashioned but how can you just change a weight plate on a motor home and say OK you can now carry an extra 200 kg
  regards Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by toots Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi All,
Many thanks to all of you with the information.
Can I ask - has anyone had the Alko Air Suspension fitted to the rear suspension?  if so was it worth it, I know its a option with the Van Conversions, but just wondered if it gave a better ride etc on the small Coach Builts such as the Nuevo. Also - having the upgrade to the 3500 on the EK with SV Tech, do you need to tell the DVLA to mod the Log Book and perhaps the Insurance co.
Really looking forward to getting the Nuevo...

Thanks
Anne
toots
toots

Female

Auto-Sleeper : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Gromit is spot-on on all his points.

Do try to persuade AS to fit the gubbins under the benches in positions which give you maximum space (rather than where's easy for them.) If I had the confidence. I'd reposition the lot.

Ditch the Whale. My kit will remain unopened in the garage.

I'd forgotten about the shelves - they almost double the effectively useable space, because without them you can indeed pile things high but they fall out upon opening. We decided upon which plastic baskets to use in some of the cupboards, and then fitted the shelves above them allowing enough headroom above the baskets so that they can easily be removed. Shelves are removable, and have a small lip as on a boat. Bathroom cupboard in particular is much better.

I'm getting the Al-Ko air assisters next month, from Willersey. I want to enjoy their benefits now, rather than wait until the leaf springs sag.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:55 pm

I had the air assist fitted to our Broadway before I picked it up from dealers, it gives superb ride and cornering but it makes the back end slightly higher than normal. So when we are pitched on level ground I just release the air out and the van is then a lot leveller, I carry a small 12 volt compressor and just re inflate the system before I leave for home.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Toots, I think much depends on how you intend to use the vehicle.  I'm happy with 3300, I understand why some folk might want to uprate to 3500 but I'm not sure I understand where they store the extra 200kgs scratch head(I'm joking folks, honest snigger).  The getting the 80w solar panel is a no brainer, and I concur with the others on the layout issues with water filling and battery location. The cupboard arrangements don't bother us much and (being 6ft 2in) I like having the space above my head in the driving area. It's all a matter of choice and working out what things you will need and what configuration will suit your type of touring.

A couple of things that might come in handy though are two wooden blocks, that's if you want to use the rear stabilisers.  My wife felt a bit "seasick" in the van during some high winds last week, I tried lowering the stabilisers for the first time to see if it would help only to discover they won't reach the ground rolleyes  

It's a great van though, good luck with your adventure.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Askit wrote:I'm happy with 3300, I understand why some folk might want to uprate to 3500 but I'm not sure I understand where they store the extra 200kgs scratch head(I'm joking folks, honest snigger).
Have you been on the weighbridge Askit - fully laden ready for a holiday? I had a shock when I weighed our previous Nuevo. Overall we were quite close to the limit, and the rear axle was VERY close.

That was before we decided to fit a towbar and a modest 30 litre underslung gas tank, along with the existing bike rack and two electric bikes and several dozen pairs of ladies' shoes!

What I fail to understand is why Messrs A/S don't (or can't) simply replate them at 3500. When you pay SV Tech to do it, you give them a lot of money and all you get for it is a Vin plate sticker that says 3500kg. Purely a paper exercise with not a finger (or spanner) laid on the van.
You have to assume that the chassis is perfectly safe to run at 200kg above what Peugeot intended ( confused3 ) so why all the palaver and considerable cost, just to get a sticker that says you were breaking the law yesterday - but today you are perfectly legal!!!!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Gromit, I was referring to the generous storage space in the Neuvo when I was talking about where the extra 200kg might go biggrin .  It does seem like a strange one on the plating front though.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Bull Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:28 pm

I have the Lancashire version of the Nuevo, which has a few extras added to the older version of the Nuevo, although I think most of these are now standard with the Nuevo.
In my view 130 bhp is plenty, the recessed awning is also very useful and the roof mounted air-con unit was put into use this May in Spain and Portugal. The cab air-con and reversing cameras are essential.
Order a set of mirror-guards for your side mirrors, which stick out quite a long way on the Nuevo! I clashed mirrors with a delivery van on a narrow road in Wales a couple of days ago. No damage to my mirror!
I am now used to the whale pump water fill system. I carry a 25 litre plastic water container in my external locker and a wheel trolley frame from an IKEA shopping basket. This means that I do not need to queue-up in my van at the water point on Aires and campsites. I can take the filled water container over to my van when it is parked up. If I do need to fill up next to a tap with a hose, I either use the short hose connector, or feed the hose into the water container with the whale pump working at the same time, balancing water flow in with water flow out.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo /Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by fmh22 Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Recently took delivery of new Nuevo EK but on a Fiat Ducato base as we wanted an auto gear box. This is plated at 3500 as standard. We also upgraded the solar panel to 80Watt and the alarm to Thatcham 1 as part of the package.
Since then we have added air assisted suspension and hydraulic self levelling done by AS Air Suspension in Warrington. We are delighted with these additions and can highly recommend this firm. They were extremely helpful especially with the re-booking due to a very late delivery of the motorhome caused by a delay with the IVA and Certificate of Conformity from the DVLA.
We are very pleased with the Nuevo and Marquis Durham who resolved a few snagging issues quickly. However, we are not so pleased with the "wet locker" formerly known as the skirt locker. Waiting for a response from the service manager at Auto-Sleepers on his return from holiday to sort this one as it is sill letting in rain water after Marquis tried to sort it.
Found the seats make hard beds so have added a cheap memory foam mattress topper (single cut down and shaped to fit the single bed layout) from Argos and this is now just right.
fmh22
fmh22

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by terry chapman Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:17 am

We had air assisted on the rear and the larger solar panel fitted at the factory on our broadway well worth it. We also have the overcab bed which is great for extra storage and doesn't seem to have any adverse effects ie fuel consumption still class2 on tolls.For the extra money I would definitely spec again on future purchase. We love the whale system. Good luck with the new vehicle what ever you do I know you will enjoy.
terry chapman
terry chapman

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : broadway

Back to top Go down