The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton.

3 posters

Go down

Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton. Empty Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton.

Post by ourannie Sun May 16, 2021 1:44 am

The TV reception on our Bourton is rubbish at times, I'm told due to the air con blocking the signal, on the odd occasion we have turned the van round but that's not the answer and would like another ariel or satellite, have just had it in for a little job to be done and asked about having another ariel which extends high above the air con or fitting a satellite, they questioned both, would there be enough room where the exsisting ariel is ? I agree  there is a lack of room up there.  What I'm asking is has anybody who's van has air con done this and  where is it fitted ? Thank you for any info in advance.
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton. Empty Re: Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton.

Post by Trev864 Tue May 18, 2021 6:11 pm

We still have our aerial anc air con on the roof. The satellite is fitted to the right and slightly behind the aerial
Trev864
Trev864

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

ourannie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton. Empty Re: Retro fitted satellite, or ariel on Bourton.

Post by Caraman Wed May 19, 2021 2:24 am

I don't have the aircon but still find on occasions I get poor reception from the Maxview omnidirection.  I considered an elevating Vision directional and a free standing Sat dish but in the end went for the cheaper option of a collapsible Maxview tri-boom.  When I need it, I assemble it onto an alloy pole which attaches to another alloy pole that I have permanently attached to the bike rack with jubilee clips and it works.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

ourannie likes this post

Back to top Go down