The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006)

2 posters

Go down

Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006) Empty Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006)

Post by Martin Ballantyne Thu May 13, 2021 1:15 pm

I have two batteries under my driver's seat. Am I correct in assumming the forward battery is the leisure battery and the rear one the vehicle battery?

I've had a problem the last few days when the vehicle has refused to start. Initially, I managed to get the motorhome started after leaving it on hook up for over 24 hours and using the vehicle charging facility on the panel. However, after taking it for a run of over 20 miles the vehicle wouldn't restart. I then repeated my previous method, leaving the battery charging for 48 hours but no joy......it still wouldn't start... which was a bit of a problem as I'd arranged to take the motorhome today to the garage which recently did the service, MOT and fitting of my reversing camera! To be honest, I have a nagging doubt that the fitting of the camera may be causing a drain on the battery although that may just be a coincidence. Anyway the garage had told me to bring the motorhome back and they would check over everything.

I used my C&MC Green Flag Breakdown Cover to get the motorhome started this morning. The guy had to use both his vehicle and a booster pack to get mine to start and it's now at the garage. He connected to the rear battery.The Green Flag guy did mention that the motorhome is charging but suspects there might be a problem with the battery(s). Hopefully, the garage will get to the bottom of it.

Anyway, it made me realise I should know more about my battery set up and workings. I know that some Ford Transits (maybe not motorhomes) are fitted with two normal batteries but suspect that the likes of the Pollensa will use the space under the seat available for a second battery to house the leisure battery.

Any information on the Ford Transit Pollensa set up would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Martin
Martin Ballantyne
Martin Ballantyne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006) Empty Re: Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006)

Post by frederic Thu May 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Our 2009 Duetto has the vehicle battery at the back and the Leisure battery to the fore of the drivers seat box
The vehicle battery is isolated when the ignition is off and only the leisure battery is connected to the vehicle electrics, so if one flattens the leisure battery then the vehicle unlocking via pip does not function.
So make sure you have access to the key unlocking which on ours is only the drivers door.
I believe that both battery's are used in starting.
Removal of the battery's involves the removal of the drivers seat and then the hold down plate which needs several small spanners /box spanners,  this plate needs to be removed when checking the fluid levels in the batteries which should be done at least every year but because of the hold down plate is often ignored.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Roger C likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006) Empty Re: Pollensa: Batteries (Ford Transit Auto 2006)

Post by Martin Ballantyne Sat May 15, 2021 11:16 am

Thanks Frederic. 

The vehicle battery on my Pollensa is the rear one. I've had to replace it.They couldn't find any "drain" on the battery. Hopefully,  my problem is solved.

Thanks again.

Martin
Martin Ballantyne
Martin Ballantyne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down