The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealer Identity

+3
Askit
brodco
Ben001
7 posters

Go down

Dealer Identity Empty Dealer Identity

Post by Ben001 Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 am

I have noticed in many threads a common reluctance to name the dealers involved when making comments or complaints regarding the quality of either goods or services provided (or not) as the case may be. Is this regarded as good forum etiquette or merely an aversion to scorning another for fear of repercussions.
As an extension to this, we hear many complaints re. after sales service but very little praise for those dealers who do a good job. It might be helpful to all to have this information.
Im happy to kick off with Go European as dealer, one or two minor issues with new van, all swiftly and efficiently dealt with between themselves and AS. Was I just lucky? or is this the unspoken norm?.
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Dealer Identity Empty Re: Dealer Identity

Post by brodco Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:05 am

Hi  wave

Ben001 wrote: Is this regarded as good forum etiquette or merely an aversion to scorning another for fear of repercussions.

I think both but if you read the rules:

Admin wrote:Important: Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability e.g. Please consider the consequences or repercussions for ASOF
if legal action should be instigated against us, as a result of content you have posted regardless of the situation or your intention!

Naming and shaming needs to be done very carefully and any allegations  have to be provable.  I know it’s difficult when you’re angry and certainly some errant companies are named but you should think very carefully before naming anyone.

Perhaps Admin will have more comments.

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Lancy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:27 am

I've certainly posted about some negative issues with the dealer I bought from. My attitude is that was up to me to sort these out and, whilst getting the views of others is sometimes helpful, naming the dealer was never an option. As we have seen from the way reviews on services are often made, one persons villain is another's saint and vice versa.

Rewarding good service by highlighting it seems a good thing to me (as long as it's impartial), naming and shaming, not so much.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben001 Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 am

Thanks for your perspective on this chaps. Clearly niaive of me not to appreciate that this has the potential to end in tears. With further thought I now realise, given how subjective these matters are, that even good reports could easily descend into 'he said she said' narratives.
The kite, having been flown, is now grounded.
Thank you both for your polite but unequivocal advice, much appreciated.
Regards, Ben allthumbz
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

babian and Lancy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm

As a mod on the biggest caravan forum on the web I know there is a brand name of type of accessory that is not allowed at all. This is after the brand's solicitors threatened legal action against the forum following several members posting about bad experiences. It does say something about the business involved that they are so sensitive to criticism and not willing to expend the same sort of energy in putting right the issues highlighted by complaints.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:57 pm

I recall reading on a forum at some time in the past, that, however well intended or honest the criticism of a supplier is, it is still only one side of any dispute or problem.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 pm

TeamRienza wrote:I recall reading on a forum at some time in the past, that, however well intended or honest the criticism of a supplier is, it is still only one side of any dispute or problem.

Davy

Yes, but, the problems come when dealers try to ignore the customer's rights under the Consumer Rights Act. Some don't understand the implications of the Act or would like to believe they're special and it doesn't apply to them.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 pm

TeamRienza wrote:I recall reading on a forum at some time in the past, that, however well intended or honest the criticism of a supplier is, it is still only one side of any dispute or problem.

Davy
Quite right.
And of course there is nothing to stop suppliers from coming on here and putting their side of things by responding to complaints. 
Interesting that they seldom, if ever, do so . . .

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 pm

You are quite right Roger, over the years on various forum there has been some right slating and no defence from the offending dealer.

I have always been wary of possible libel as the the site owner in our case Ed as the publisher would be the one responsible. So anything that was likely to cause him problems gets deleted.

As one of the 2 Original moderators on what was the largest forum, prior to its sale I quickly learned and adopted the same policy so Dave could not be liable.
I ended up retiring from that as the site go too busy and oddly enough just after that another one of our member on here did the same.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

brodco likes this post

Back to top Go down