The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

+7
Cymro
gassygassy
SENTINEL
rgermain
Peter Brown
Dbvwt
Paulmold
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates  - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:34 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Paulmold wrote:A further update regarding Scotland sites reopening....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sites may be open on 26th April, but Scottish Regulations prohibit entry into Scotland from the Common Travel area. ie England and Wales plus others. (Scots cannot travel outside Scotland either).

Not according to Visit Scotland website.....

[size=31]CAN I VISIT SCOTLAND FROM THE REST OF THE UK?[/size]

[size=31]Yes. From Monday 26 April you can travel to Scotland from England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.[/size]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates  - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Maybe so but the Law says you can't, as in the link in my post. They are out to trap unsuspecting visitors with some FPNs.

Now from 26th April restriction is only related to RoI. Strange that all latest amendments have been made in the Regulations, except that one. confused3

Latest Amendemnt SI. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:11 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Maybe so but the Law says you can't, as in the link in my post. They are out to trap unsuspecting visitors with some FPNs.
Well Nicola says you can....

Scotland

When can I travel to Scotland from England? Date UK travel restrictions are easing under the lockdown roadmap

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that travel restrictions between Scotland and England and Wales will be lifted on 26 April

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Reporter

April 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Ms Sturgeon also confirmed that rules on travel from other UK countries could proceed on schedule – here’s how it all works.

When can I travel from England to Scotland?

The First Minister confirmed that restrictions would be eased to[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Scotland from Monday 26 April.
Scotland is set to move to a “modified” version of level three restrictions on this date.
Ms Sturgeon said recent data on Covid has been “encouraging” and that this was the main reason the Scottish Government felt able to “accelerate” parts of its lockdown exit plan and remain on schedule for others.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Paulmold wrote:
PLOUGHLIN wrote:Maybe so but the Law says you can't, as in the link in my post. They are out to trap unsuspecting visitors with some FPNs.
Well Nicola says you can....

Scotland

When can I travel to Scotland from England? Date UK travel restrictions are easing under the lockdown roadmap

Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed that travel restrictions between Scotland and England and Wales will be lifted on 26 April

But ye need tae behave yersels:

"NICOLA Sturgeon yesterday warned English visitors to avoid Scotland’s cafes and bars as she gave the all clear to reopen indoor hospitality and ease border restrictions next week. She stressed those down south shouldn’t head to Scotland to “escape the rules in your own area” as their venues remain closed indoors for a further three weeks."
rolleyes

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2