The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

+7
Cymro
gassygassy
SENTINEL
rgermain
Peter Brown
Dbvwt
Paulmold
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates  Empty Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates  Empty Re: Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

Post by Dbvwt Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:27 am

Hard hat on but there was about a month last year when the sites began opening at the beginning of July before the tent brigade started turning up on mass (kids, noisy BBQs etc... you get the picture!).
It was actually a really nice period to be away and I think the 5 weeks from the 12th April will be very similar.
I’m raring to go as soon as possible.

I know, I’m a miserable old sod smile!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

frederic, Bernilynn, Bilbobaggins and SENTINEL like this post

Back to top Go down

Latest CAMC statement re opening dates  Empty Re: Latest CAMC statement re opening dates

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Wed had a CL booked from the 10th, they got in touch as soon as the announcement was made and we rescheduled for the 12th.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Hard hat on but there was about a month last year when the sites began opening at the beginning of July before the tent brigade started turning up on mass (kids, noisy BBQs etc... you get the picture!).
It was actually a really nice period to be away and I think the 5 weeks from the 12th April will be very similar.

Totally agree with you, not the miserable old sod bit, never go to sites in school holidays.

Just been looking at booking for a week in April, CL offering money back or put it on hold, well at £11 a night that seems a no brainer smile!
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Hard hat on but there was about a month last year when the sites began opening at the beginning of July before the tent brigade started turning up on mass (kids, noisy BBQs etc... you get the picture!).

Our little March trip obviously cancelled but still hopeful for our April & May ones.
We also try to avoid school holidays (we're not really grumpy old grouches but nowadays like a bit of peace and quiet rather than kids racing around our van, noisy BBQs etc) so opt for adult only sites at those times....
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain and gassygassy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:46 pm

..... so opt for adult only sites at those times....
Warners Hotels and seaside resorts are very good Adult Only sites! (and on rare occasions even cheaper than parking a van on someone's grass up! )

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Another statement  today following latest Welsh update...

Wales

[size=30]Following the Welsh Government's recent guidance, we are planning (subject to Welsh Government confirmation) to reopen all our Club campsites in Wales from 27 March 2021 for people who live in Wales only. We are however awaiting further clarification on the use of communal areas and shared facilities (including toilet blocks and showers) and will advise on this as soon as possible.

If you have a booking at one of our Club campsites in Wales for dates up to and including 26 March 2021 please cancel or amend your booking for free via our website or our UK Sites Booking App.
For any bookings with our Certificated Locations (CL) or Affiliated Sites (AS), please check directly with those campsites.
For further information about the current guidance in Wales including local and cross border travel restrictions, social distancing, rules on overnight stays and the use of shared facilities, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]

[size=30]And latest statement  from C&CC[/size]

Issued 12th March 2021

Our Club Site network is currently closed.

With the latest Coronavirus restrictions all our Club Sites in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are closed. Any opening dates for these sites will be reviewed in-line with latest guidance. We are planning to open our full site network as soon as we are able and are currently working towards the following:

England: Our earliest opening date will be the 12th of April. We are currently clarifying guidance but it is likely that as part of this opening phase we will not be able to open facility blocks. Campers will need to have their own self-contained toilet facilities, until the 17th of May at the earliest.

If we are unable to open facilities until the 17th of May, then our Ready Camp Safari Tents and Pods will not open until this date, again at the earliest. Once we know more we will be in touch with those with affected bookings.

Scotland: Our earliest opening date will be the 26th of April, and we are awaiting confirmation of this date. There is likely to be further level 3 restrictions in place after this date and the next review is due on the 15th March.

Wales: Our earliest opening date will be the 1st April, this will be for campers from one household with self contained facilities and only for those visitors who live in Wales. Sites will not be able to take visitors from England, Scotland or Northern Ireland until travel restrictions have been lifted in those countries.

Northern Ireland: Restrictions have been extended until 1st of April and we are awaiting further details, which are due to be announced on the 18th of March.

Please note, all dates are still subject to official confirmation.

If you have a booking affected by our later opening this season or national travel restrictions you don’t need to do anything, our team will be in touch via email to automatically offer a full refund and ask you to re-book for later in the year.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Thanks Paul: have just booked Gowerton from 27 March, for a few nights' shake-down before a longer trip (to England, I hope) at the end of April. Can't wait to go - esp if the Kingsbridge Inn does takeaways!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm

I've just managed to move my April booking at Brecon because  I've just had my 2nd vaccination date brought forward (it was originally  on the May BH). Using the app I couldn't get 4 nights together, not even 3 so I was going to cancel but rang the booking centre and lovely  lady managed to get 3 nights together which will do. Looking at the monthly calendar  for Brecon there is hardly any availability  right through to October , only an odd night here and there , its going to be a busy season.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Gosh - who'd have thought that that large Brecon site would be so booked already!  Even Gwern y Bwlch already has some fully-booked nights.

By the way, in the unlikely event that you don't know, there's a superb site (commercial) about 2 miles out of Brecon, called Pencelli Castle. It's on the Brecs and Mon canal, and you can walk / cycle the towpath into Brecon. The canal-side Red Lion does good food - it's almost opposite the site. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:21 pm

Cymro wrote:Gosh - who'd have thought that that large Brecon site would be so booked already!  Even Gwern y Bwlch already has some fully-booked nights.

By the way, in the unlikely event that you don't know, there's a superb site (commercial) about 2 miles out of Brecon, called Pencelli Castle. It's on the Brecs and Mon canal, and you can walk / cycle the towpath into Brecon. The canal-side Red Lion does good food - it's almost opposite the site. 

Cymro
Thanks, thats good to know, we like Brecon. Have also used the other CAMC Brecon site called Aberbran, a bit further out, no toilet block and run by volunteers, much cheaper than Brecon Beacons but a trade off for location and facilities.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 pm

During the brief exeat (quick getaway) we were allowed last year we went round South Wales. Stayed in a superb, free, virtually empty car park in Swansea and got the buss pass bus into town and looked round. Free water and toilet disposal there. Then we went on to RSPB sites and because we are members it cost us nothing to stay overnight there.
I was wondering if I should take the plunge and join one of the camping clubs but I am afraid it will be a waste of money if they are all going to be full up. Looks as if the only places I will be able to stay this year will be free ones. allthumbz I somehow doubt the French will allow us over there, as we aren't one of them any more. They'll find a Covid excuse of course.
Imagine if you had used your savings / taken out a loan to buy a new motorhome last year. You were thinking of going away in it and joined one of the camping clubs thinking that's what you do, join, plan a trip, book sites . . . . . oops they are all full. What do we do now? Go to France? no, they have a covid excuse for not allowing us to go . . . oops . . . .errr . . .  well it's a driveway holiday outside our house then . . . . censored!
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:05 pm

You used an English  bus pass in Wales? You were very lucky if you did.

Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:06 am

gassygassy wrote:During the brief exeat (quick getaway) we were allowed last year we went round South Wales. Stayed in a superb, free, virtually empty car park in Swansea and got the buss pass bus into town and looked round. Free water and toilet disposal there. Then we went on to RSPB sites and because we are members it cost us nothing to stay overnight there.
I was wondering if I should take the plunge and join one of the camping clubs but I am afraid it will be a waste of money if they are all going to be full up. Looks as if the only places I will be able to stay this year will be free ones. allthumbz I somehow doubt the French will allow us over there, as we aren't one of them any more. They'll find a Covid excuse of course.
Imagine if you had used your savings / taken out a loan to buy a new motorhome last year. You were thinking of going away in it and joined one of the camping clubs thinking that's what you do, join, plan a trip, book sites . . . . . oops they are all full. What do we do now? Go to France? no, they have a covid excuse for not allowing us to go . . . oops . . . .errr . . .  well it's a driveway holiday outside our house then . . . . censored!
Hi - Did the RSPB site let you park up and stay overnight in their car park?  I was under the impression they didn’t allow that, even for members. I know when I contacted Bempton about it they said absolutely not!
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:40 am

Paulmold wrote:You used an English  bus pass in Wales? You were very lucky if you did.

Ah, you might have me there Paul. To be 100% honest, I can't remember. We might have walked. I would have to zoom in on Google Maps . . . ah, there it is but I don't know how to capture a google maps page and post it on a forum.
We stopped in the Recreation Ground car park on the A4067 and I seem to recall that we walked into town and went round the museum which was fascinating. They had all sorts of things that were made in Wales when I think the Government paid subsidies to Welsh manufacturing. I was very surprised to be reminded of all the things I knew when I was young that were made in Wales. One of the exhibits was a 'cast your own metal object' kit for boys, from the 1950's or 60's. Yes, you had to melt the metal and cast it, in the lounge fire I guess. Just imagine all the H&S people nowadays having a field day if that was available now.
I just include 'use the bus pass' occasionally in posts as a reminder to myself that as most of us have bus passes, we can park just outside a town and bus in. Thus I see no need to get a Euro6 camper. confused3
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Paulmold wrote:I've just managed to move my April booking at Brecon because  I've just had my 2nd vaccination date brought forward (it was originally  on the May BH). Using the app I couldn't get 4 nights together, not even 3 so I was going to cancel but rang the booking centre and lovely  lady managed to get 3 nights together which will do. Looking at the monthly calendar  for Brecon there is hardly any availability  right through to October , only an odd night here and there , its going to be a busy season.

I have just been looking at club sites for further bookings and found hardly any sites showing fully booked dates as I found for Brecon on the CAMC app, so I've checked again for Brecon and the app shows almost fully booked through to October but  if you check through  the website and not the app, Brecon shows very few fully booked dates. So I would advise anyone wanting to book any site to use either the website or call-centre rather than the app.

Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Sally wrote:........
Hi - Did the RSPB site let you park up and stay overnight in their car park?  I was under the impression they didn’t allow that, even for members. I know when I contacted Bempton about it they said absolutely not!

A couple of their sites car parks were just open to the road so we just stopped there. If we are challenged I will just say that when we joined the person doing the joining forms said we could. No doubt they will say "what was their name?" in a typical 'I've got you there' manner as if I am supposed to take not of every name of every person I encounter. How am I supposed to know what their name was? And then this person will say 'well you're not staying here so buzz orff'. I will then drive out the gate and park there.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:42 am

Latest statement  from CAMC with latest Scotland details....

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Paulmold wrote:Latest statement  from CAMC with latest Scotland details....

Paul, it may well be me being thick (has been known biggrin ) but I can't find any update info in the link on opening dates?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Scotland

Following the Scottish Government's recent guidance, we are planning to reopen all our Club campsites in Scotland from 26 April 2021. We are however awaiting further clarification on the use of communal areas and shared facilities (including toilets and showers) and will advise on this as soon as possible. 
If you have a booking at one of our Club campsites in Scotland for dates up to and including 25 April 2021, please cancel or amend your booking for free via our website or our UK Sites Booking App.
For any bookings with our Certificated Locations (CL) or Affiliated Sites (AS), please check directly with those campsites.
For further information about the current guidance in Scotland including local and cross border travel restrictions, social distancing, rules on overnight stays and the use of shared facilities, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:07 pm

Askit wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Latest statement  from CAMC with latest Scotland details....

Paul, it may well be me being thick (has been known biggrin ) but I can't find any update info  in the link on opening dates?
Tony,
If you scroll down that page to the heading "Latest Government Information" there are then four tabs, one each for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - clicking on those gives the relevant dates in each case, apart from NI where they are waiting for an update.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Thanks Paul and Roger, I missed that and scrolled down to the list of sites blush

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

A further update for England and shared facilities.?.

England

We will be reopening all our Club campsites in England from 12 April 2021. Based on the latest Government guidance issued 8 April, we are pleased to be able to open toilets and shared washing and cleaning facilities excluding showers at Club campsites in England which have them, when we reopen on 12 April. 
We are working really hard to ensure as many campsites as possible can reopen these facilities on 12 April, however due to time constraints and operational issues not all campsites will have toilets and shared washing and cleaning facilities open on 12 April. Please continue to check our list of campsites below, where we will publish details very soon.  
Should this guidance change, we will advise members accordingly. The current provisional date for reopening showers is 17 May 2021, however, this will be dependent on further Government guidance. For the latest updates about our on-site social areas, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:14 pm

A further update regarding Scotland sites reopening....

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:58 pm

Paulmold wrote:A further update regarding Scotland sites reopening....

Sites may be open on 26th April, but Scottish Regulations prohibit entry into Scotland from the Common Travel area. ie England and Wales plus others. (Scots cannot travel outside Scotland either).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next