The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

+18
Ragman
IanH
gemdeco
SteveMichelleBaylis
fred1
SENTINEL
rgermain
RCBirmingham
Boggie
Alwaysurfing
glyne lock
Caraman
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Paramedic
burlingtonboaby
Dbvwt
wilksy
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon Empty Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by wilksy Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:32 pm

All being well I should be taking delivery of my first motorhome ever which is the Corinium Duo as the layout was the governing factor.  What I would like to know is the area's I should pay particular attention to when I give it a good going over.

When I was looking around the one are that sticks out like a sore thumb is the appalling creases on each side of the trim above the seat area which I guess is the transition from the Peugeot cab to the body of the motorhome - it would seem they are all like it which is not good for a product costing in excess of £70K.

I been reading up on this forum regarding joint tapes etc and drawer/cupboard edging, but what else can be subject to a lack of quality awareness.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon Empty Re: Picking Up New Corninium Duo Soon

Post by Dbvwt Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:38 pm

If I recall (I was considering a Nuevo before I bought my Symbol) the salesman mentioned those creases were caused by the hot weather.
Whether that is correct or not I don’t know but I believe many have been replaced under warranty.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 pm

wilksy wrote:All being well I should be taking delivery of my first motorhome ever which is the Corinium Duo as the layout was the governing factor.  What I would like to know is the area's I should pay particular attention to when I give it a good going over.

When I was looking around the one are that sticks out like a sore thumb is the appalling creases on each side of the trim above the seat area which I guess is the transition from the Peugeot cab to the body of the motorhome - it would seem they are all like it which is not good for a product costing in excess of £70K.

I been reading up on this forum regarding joint tapes etc and drawer/cupboard edging, but what else can be subject to a lack of quality awareness.
Go through your van with a fine touch comb wilsy, if your not happy , don't sign for it. Make sure the dealership fixes everything, otherwise you may get fobbed with excuses for months, there's dozens of posts on sub standard workman ship and no PDI .
Hope you get out soon
Boaby 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Congratulations on your choice of van.  up!

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:19 pm

If possible, arrange to inspect the van prior to paying for it. You'll then be in a much better position to get any faults rectified before the deal is finalised. 

What you look out for? Well everything, really. I've see warped walls, doors and drawers not closing, fridge wrongly installed, plumbing not adequately connected, screws missing or put in badly.....Yep, check everything.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:22 pm

My Corinium has no such creases, hope you enjoy your new van as much as we have.

Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks for your replies (I can't answer the PM ones as I haven't yet posted enough), the creases I have seen are on the Peugeot based models, I have yet to see any on the Mercedes or Fiat chassis.

The salesman at White Arches told me that the creases have been evident ever since they changed to leather apparently they used to be fabric and they didn't crease.

The picture below is of a 2019 model that I looked at before the second lockdown at White Arches.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:34 pm

Mmmm.... I looked at 3 brand new Nuevo’s in 2018, all with creases and they didn’t feel like leather to me.

Maybe very cheap leather and perhaps that is the problem!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Suppersready wrote:My Corinium has no such creases, hope you enjoy your new van as much as we have.

Niall.

I was looking in the wrong area ..... creases galore !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

KarenB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:52 pm

three things to look out for....payload, payload, payload
i realise these vans come on the heavy chassis and there is an easy upgrade, however they are marketed at 3,500kg (to younger drivers?) with a paltry 313kg payload.
fill with water, add the wife and you now have just 138kg for everything from chairs to pots/pans, tools to bikes, crockery/cutlery to food, drink, bedding and clothes, shoes etc, etc...its nowhere near enough.
if you have a C1 on your license and you're going to run it at an upgraded 4000kg, ignore the above.
if not....
see other recent threads re payload...IMHO this van is 'particularly tricky' at 3.5t
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Payload is not an issue I've gone for the 4000kg upgrade, the creases however will be the bane of my life so if they are present I will sort them out, however is it not a little perverse that the vehicle costs in excess of £70K yet the creases are acceptable by whoever makes up that assembly.

If I bought a £70K car then I would expect near perfection, yet I still ordered the Corinium snigger
wilksy
wilksy

Male

KarenB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:If possible, arrange to inspect the van prior to paying for it. You'll then be in a much better position to get any faults rectified before the deal is finalised. 

What you look out for? Well everything, really. I've see warped walls, doors and drawers not closing, fridge wrongly installed, plumbing not adequately connected, screws missing or put in badly.....Yep, check everything.
I completely agree with this.  Inspect it before any money is transferred which may be several days before it is handed over to you.  This won't be easy because it will only be on handover when the motorhome is demonstrated to you that some faults may become apparent and other faults won't become apparent until after you have used it.  Try and arrange your inspection and handover when the dealership is relatively quiet and in the morning before tiredness sets in.  Mine was on a Friday afternoon which is the worst time with staff knocking off for the weekend and busy roads.  I didn't do it but a useful tip is to record the handover on a video because there is a lot to take in.  Good luck  allthumbz
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 pm

on you hand over they show you how to operate items but its best if you do the operation as they say .you will find you remember it more from operating the item then being shown .when I deliver new plant machines I unload off my truck then get out the machine and then let the customer operate as I explain how it all works they can then ask about any thing they are not sure about before I leave .
hope you in joy your new camper and there are always plenty on this forum that will help
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alwaysurfing Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:31 pm

don't get in a tiz - the creases are caused by hot weather - so even swapped out a trip to winter sun - those were the days - will put them back -- don't let silly little stuff spoil your enjoyment of an otherwise brilliant and lovely van......   and anyway so many other things are going to go wrong that's going to be the least of your worries..... :)
Alwaysurfing
Alwaysurfing

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium

Bobskate and Suppersready like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Get the dealer to check and demonstrate the function of all the fitted equipment to make sure it operates correctly.
After we bought our 2018 Corinium Duo, and were laying it up for the winter, I decided to drain out the boiler. I opened the boiler drain and the contents spilled out into the habitation area ruining the carpets. 
Someone at the factory had forgotten to drill the boiler drain hole in the floor so there was no drain tube. Fortunately Derby Motorhomes got the carpets replaced by AS and corrected the fault. It really shouldn't happen and makes you wonder what sort of PDI is done at the factory!

We also had creases appear on either end of the crash roll above the driver/passenger. These are attached with contact Adhesive, so even if you get them straightened out they may crease again. I think this area needs a redesign by AS. We lived with it as the creasing wasn't tooo bad. 
Other than that the Corinium Duo is a fantastic outfit,  the layout is great and works well

One tip I would give you, The fresh water and waste water drain pipes clip onto their support brackets, I recommend you put a strong tie wrap around the pipes at the support bracket as they can become detatched from the shock of uneven ground. Ours did.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBirmingham Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Have a look at some of my previous posts.. go through everything, touch every surface.
In no particular order.
Check shower has been fully sealed, they missed doing behind where my shower door folded back to.
Kitchen draws were miss-aligned
Cooker was scratched
Screws were missing, put in on the * Inappropriate Word * all over the kitchen
Blinds were not screwed in properly
Carpet didn't fit properly in cab or hab area
External waste pipe not clipped in properly
fresh water and waste water sensor wires under van just held in place with gaffer tape
Paintwork bubbles (lots of these)
Scratched window surround
External locker lock wouldn't lock
Hab door bowing out in the middle / not fitted correctly

All of this in a brand new 65k van...
RCBirmingham
RCBirmingham

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:02 am

I had a flashing odometer on handover.  AS or Marquis should have picked it up on a PDI and had it rectified by Peugeot before the handover but they didn't.  I had to take it for a warranty repair to a Peugeot dealer.  It was only then that I discovered not all Peugeot dealers take Boxers/motorhomes.  I ended up travelling some distance to get it repaired.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:08 am

lots of good advice above but I would add give yourselves lots of time....yes, check everything from a cosmetic viewpoint as mentioned earlier but also imagine yourselve in the vehicle using it..
connect to EHU and turn gas on and check the following...
will it have fresh water in it....if not, partially fill with fresh water (to check whichever 'fill' process your van uses, and to master the priming of the system, dispelling air from taps etc.
then turn on the hot water, get to understand the CP plus controls (if not known) and even turn on the heating, check all outlets for warmth. try on electric and on gas....later, run the water, hot and cold from all taps incl shower.
check lights, all mains and 12v sockets with phone/usb charger.
turn on the oven, then check all hob burners.
check tv, mifi if installed and anything else that comes to mind.
unhook EHU, check water and electrical systems again, they should all work just as smoothly.
check the solar panel (if fitted) is doing what you would expect.
good luck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Well I finally have a hand over date, that being the 9th April assuming Boris doesn't change his mind again.

I will take on board everything that has been said, I'm sure how the handover will work as I guess Marquis will still be distancing so maybe its a case of look around it yourself and shout if you need some help.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:28 pm

Hope all goes well with Marquis hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:31 pm

wilksy wrote:Well I finally have a hand over date, that being the 9th April assuming Boris doesn't change his mind again.

I will take on board everything that has been said, I'm sure how the handover will work as I guess Marquis will still be distancing so maybe its a case of look around it yourself and shout if you need some help.
They will probably provide you with a youtube  link for a virtual handover/explanatory video that will run through everything (nearly) for your vehicle - using your vehicle to do so, so that you have information that you can watch again at your leisure. It's actually quite useful to have that.
However, there will probably be things that are not answered - it would be good if you have an actual physical and personal handover and run through whilst you are there but that may not be possible with Covid restrictions etc.
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 pm

rgermain wrote:Hope all goes well with Marquis hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
----------
Richard
Well that didn't go well, should have been picking up my Corinium Duo tomorrow morning at 10:15 but no it transpires that Marquis have still got the vehicle on a stocking finance facility and unless it is released by chosen lender will not release the funds until they have a letter stating it is free from finance.

Was I informed of this? no I spoke with marquis on Wednesday who told me that the vehicle had been paid for in full and pick up was as scheduled, so today I try to get it insured and the first hurdle was the registration number was not found neither was the Sargent tracker on any drop down menu's, so I quick phone call to marquis will sort it all out wont it?

Well no because at that point i was told that if the monies weren't transferred by 15:30 they would not register the vehicle , which was great news as this morning it was still on dealer finance.  Would I have been contacted today to tell me not to turn up - I very much doubt that.

So basically I shan't be picking up my motorhome and quite frankly I'm of two minds to just forget it and go and find one somewhere else, but I suspect the finance company will pay the balance tomorrow and then it will be up to me to rearrange collection, except I'm not going to, I'm going to wait for marquis to rearrange and see how long that takes.

Luckily it only cost £72800, I've had a better experience buying a C1 from Citroen.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:57 pm

Don't hold your breath then
fred1
fred1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Agghh! This sounds awful.....is the branch office actually open or is this all being routed through head office (wherever that may be!)?
Finance/payments/accounts seems to be somewhere remote, and that was before major lockdown.
Is it Ipswich branch?
Do hope that you can get it sorted soon.
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : EX-SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:05 pm

Have a word with Bolero Boy he might be able to suggest an alternative make smile!

Sorry to hear you had a problem with Marquis, hope you get sorted soon.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down