Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Go down

Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Orcas on Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am

Rimini Autosleeper 1991, only looked at pictures and it seems ok & I know the guy as I have purchased from him before.

Only issues are broken bonnet cable & slight blow from the exhaust manifold.

Are the above issues easily sorted?

Regards

Orcas
avatar
Orcas
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2018-05-10
Location : Heathrow
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Rimini
Vehicle Year : 1991

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by boxerman on Thu May 10, 2018 11:21 am

What engine? If its a 1721 petrol, the manifolds have been known to crack and can be expensive to repair / replace.

Why are you typing in red? Please keep to what Admin has requested.

Frank
avatar
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4390
Joined : 2011-08-21
Member Age : 71
Location : Preston Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

View user profile http://www.rtmr.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Orcas on Thu May 10, 2018 11:59 am

boxerman wrote:What engine? If its a 1721 petrol, the manifolds have been known to crack and can be expensive to repair / replace.

Why are you typing in red? Please keep to what Admin has requested.

Frank

Thank you , it's 1.7 litre.

Regards
avatar
Orcas
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2018-05-10
Location : Heathrow
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Rimini
Vehicle Year : 1991

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Gromit on Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Still typing in red!

Please don't. Some of our members have great difficulty with red type.

I recently asked Admin to change the default font to black, rather than the previous dark grey, which has improved the visibility, so there is no need to change the colour!

_________________
Dave smile!
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5251
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Orcas on Thu May 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Gromit wrote:Still typing in red!

Please don't. Some of our members have great difficulty with red type.

I recently asked Admin to change the default font to black, rather than the previous dark grey, which has improved the visibility, so there is no need to change the colour!

Evening, 


Not trying to type in Colour, it just comes up that way, i'm using my iphone and cannot see any fonts/colours etc to change the text.


I have not tried to log in from a computer yet, maybe that has something to do with it.. I have not used one of those in a long time, I do most things on my phone now.


Regards

Orcas
avatar
Orcas
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2018-05-10
Location : Heathrow
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Rimini
Vehicle Year : 1991

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Gromit on Thu May 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Now that is interesting.

I've just edited your post and did nothing other than to remove the text formatting from the second paragraph.

It has reverted to the default colour (black) so your phone must be configured in some way to over ride the default and print the red text??

I don't do iGadgets, but maybe someone on here will be able to shed some light?

As far as I'm aware, you are the first and only person to have had this problem. Curious indeed!  scratch head

_________________
Dave smile!
avatar
Gromit
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 5251
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 75
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by roli on Thu May 10, 2018 8:16 pm

It’s the way the iPhone is set up

We post from 2 iPhone 6’s and 2 iPads and we don’t have any issues with the text colour, nor On any of the pc’s

_________________
Roger
avatar
roli
Moderator
Moderator

Male

Posts : 7854
Joined : 2011-03-04
Member Age : 73
Location : Warrington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Orcas on Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Gromit wrote:Now that is interesting.

I've just edited your post and did nothing other than to remove the text formatting from the second paragraph.

It has reverted to the default colour (black) so your phone must be configured in some way to over ride the default and print the red text??

I don't do iGadgets, but maybe someone on here will be able to shed some light?

As far as I'm aware, you are the first and only person to have had this problem. Curious indeed!  scratch head
Hopefully Solved now..Logging in from my Mac..:)


smile!
avatar
Orcas
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2018-05-10
Location : Heathrow
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Rimini
Vehicle Year : 1991

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by daisy mae on Fri May 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Still red.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don`t matter, and those who matter don`t mind.
                                                            
                                                                Dr. Seuss
avatar
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Posts : 5334
Joined : 2013-02-03
Location : Leicestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst and Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003.98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Orcas on Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Oh, I do not wish to annoy anyone, I've been on my Mac & Iphone x, not sure what else i can do.




Any help??
avatar
Orcas
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 5
Joined : 2018-05-10
Location : Heathrow
Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Rimini
Vehicle Year : 1991

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie, picking up a Trafic on Saturday

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum