The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mes remote fobs

5 posters

Go down

Mes remote fobs Empty Mes remote fobs

Post by Lesley wills Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:16 am

Hi, recently  purchased a nuevo with the MES touch screen, it came with two fobs for turning the lights and awning light on, I replaced the batteries and tried to link them in but they don't appear to work, I am getting lights on the fobs when holding down buttons on them and got to the actual mes bringing up key fob for 10 secs, don't know what else to try?
Lesley wills
Lesley wills

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Boxer
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Mes remote fobs Empty Re: Mes remote fobs

Post by Gromit Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 am

Hi Lesley

Doom and gloom I fear - your panel was probably made with the wrong solder!  rolleyes

No - I'm not joking. We had constant problems on our van of your vintage, and eventually took it to Willersey to meet the makers of the panel for a thorough check.

To cut a long story short, the factory in Italy released a batch of panels made with a solder that corroded very quickly and stopped responding to the fobs.

I doubt if A/S can supply a replacement panel now, but if you desperately want that function you could ring the service centre to see if they can help. (Don't email - they are not good at responding quickly)

Hope this helps

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:51 am

Or, you could try Julie at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. She is usually very helpful

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:07 am

P.S. Lesley

I'm assuming our panel was made by MES, but I can't remember - so please approach Julie with caution. Her panels may not be the same ones that had the fault.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley wills Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:54 am

Thanks but the panel actually works well, it's just I have the fobs and thought it useful to use.
Lesley wills
Lesley wills

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Boxer
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Lesley wills wrote:Thanks but the panel actually works well, it's just I have the fobs and thought it useful to use.
Should have made it clearer perhaps.

Our panel worked well too, and I thought at first that the fob battery was flat - but the fault wasn't with the fob at all.

I don't understand why, but it was only the part of the panel associated with the fobs that didn't function.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Gromit wrote:Hi Lesley

Doom and gloom I fear - your panel was probably made with the wrong solder!  rolleyes

No - I'm not joking. We had constant problems on our van of your vintage, and eventually took it to Willersey to meet the makers of the panel for a thorough check.

I wonder if that was the source, from the memory of the old boys at A-S. Of the recent bogus reports of the EC700 control panel failures being due to the wrong solder. Not hearsay from me, I was told it was the cause by an A-S 'engineer' at the Service Center.

This was the reason my Control Panel was not changed "you don't want one made with the wrong solder", so my display still has SPEELING MISTOOKS.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm

I think their "wrong solder" is either Dry Joints (Sargent renowned for this) or someone has tried to use Leaded Solder over Unleaded Solder or vice versa,
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down