The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habitation step light

+3
Cymro
paul bullock
streetglider
7 posters

Go down

Habitation step light Empty Habitation step light

Post by streetglider Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm

If there's one good thing to come from lockdown it's the time to fiddle and fettle our new (to us) Nuevo EK.
The current thing of intrigue is the small (about 3" x 1") chrome cover on the riser of the first step inside the habitation door. It's marked 'Autosleeper' but I'm unsure if it's a light or simply a decoration. If it's a light it doesn't work. I've removed the chrome cover and unscrewed the plastic plate beneath but I'm reluctant to go any further in case I break anything.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks 
Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Habitation step light Empty Re: Habitation step light

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Is it a gas dropout?

The step is lower than the rest of the entire floor so would be an area of gas accumulation if a leak occurred.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi, our Nuevo has a light there ,it is switched on with one of the grey twin rocker switches positioned further up the fridge/microwave cabinet  Regards         Paul wave
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Yes, that's a little blue illuminated AS badge on the vertical of the doorstep. It is illuminated when the "mood" lighting - the LEDs above the high-level lockers - is switched on via the switch (the right hand one) just inside the habitation door, on the sidewall of the fridge / microwave housing unit.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 am

Ours also has a "kick to illuminate" function. Press the A-S logo and it lights up. It is of no practical use, though!

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:53 am

Pete Taylor wrote:Ours also has a "kick to illuminate" function. Press the A-S logo and it lights up. It is of no practical use, though!

I never knew that! Thanks Pete - I'll check ours later.
Well, well!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:31 am

When I looked at it yesterday Ailsa said 'ask the Forum, they'll know'. Sure enough it's a light switched, with the mood lighting, to illuminate the steps in the dark. Neat - but I wouldn't try to kick it though ! Many thanks to you all, I'll just have to find something else to test you all.

Don   allthumbz
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am

Pete: Just been out to check. My blue light will not react to cajoling or kicking or any means other than its switch!  It will only illuminate together with the mood lights. It may be that yours, too, is the same and that you have a loose contact, such that when your mood lights are on, the blue light doesn't always light up - though a tap helps it.

Then again, you never know with AS's wiring! 

In fact, the blue light isn't designed to illuminate the step. It's a mere fancy. There are two other lights for that purpose - the push-the-lens one in the wooden panel to the left of the step, at floor level; and the small light immediately above the step (switched on by the left of the pair of switches).

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Ignore me- I'm talking rubbish, as usual! It's not the little blue logo light which is click (or kick) to switch on/off, it is the oval shaped white light to the left of the steps; which is a much more useful light than the blue one, in that it actually illuminates the steps!
I'm just wondering if the Nuevo has this, I tend to think that the Nuevo and Stanton are near identical, caravan wise... but as it's rwd the Stanton may have an extra step... must have a look at a Nuevo properly, next time we are allowed out. Apologies.  

This is the trouble with hardly using the van this year but if that's the worst thing that happens well....

:backpacker:

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Pete: my 2015 Nuevo certainly does have the oval one to the left of the steps.

Never use it: it's no bother, before stepping into the van in the dark, to reach up and click the pair of switches to turn on the overhad step light, and the LED mood lights.
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:43 pm

Yes I have that oval step light. I well remember our first night in the can at Chievley on Marquis' forecourt. The step light was on and I couldn't find how to turn it off unless I turned off ALL hab electrics. Pressing the lens is not obvious. Interestingly, the wiring diagrams fro Sargent for the EM50 say that the step light is wired so that it can be made to come on for a short period on locking or unlocking the van with the remote (in tandem with the awning light ) but that is not implemented by A/S

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:24 pm

inspiredron wrote:Yes I have that oval step light. I well remember our first night in the can at Chievley on Marquis' forecourt. The step light was on and I couldn't find how to turn it off unless I turned off ALL hab electrics. Pressing the lens is not obvious. Interestingly, the wiring diagrams fro Sargent for the EM50 say that the step light is wired so that it can be made to come on for a short period on locking or unlocking the van with the remote (in tandem with the awning light ) but that is not implemented by A/S
Ah ha.
I have been following this with interest, plus a bit of confusion. The 2019 Nuevo doesn't have a step light, it does have the blue illuminated AS and it comes on for a short period on locking or unlocking the van with the remote (in tandem with the awning light) implemented by A/S.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi
   If it helps any one I have a brand new Lumo step light for sale, I donot think that they are available any more
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down