The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleepers announce a new model

+3
roli
Paulmold
Eltel
7 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleepers announce a new model  Empty Auto-Sleepers announce a new model

Post by Eltel Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:00 am

Auto-Sleepers introduce the all-new Broadway EL according to 2021 Motor & Campers Guide in the Nov 20 MMM Supplement 

As the name EL suggests it’s a end U shape lounge can be set up for nighttime as a double or twin beds 

Based on the Peugeot Boxer LWB of 6.6 metre long 

Target price in the region of £63,495 

Further information in the MMM Guide.

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers announce a new model  Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers announce a new model

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 am

I wonder if that's the new coachbuilt mentioned in this post or the anniversary model mentioned.

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t32250-new-from-auto-sleepers#272342

Edit- just received my MMM and it's the new coachbuilt, the anniversary model will be a Nuevo.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers announce a new model  Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers announce a new model

Post by roli Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:37 am

They have made these to order in the pastTerry, in fact you have rallied with one couple who have one
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 am

heres a lovely older example, sold.
Broadway EL
are they just changing it from being 'made to order' to a bone fide production one?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 am

Now if I could have that rear lounge with 6' 4" benches and a front dinette I could be sorely temped but there is nothing I can find that exists with that configuration. Looks interesting for any future downsizing though! up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 am

Hog, moving to a van with a front dinette, central kitchen and washroom plus large rear lounge will rarely be downsizing.
adding a (say) 1.5m dinette to van i posted will take this to 8m long. however, there are some fantastic 'twin lounge' (lounge + dinette) vans on the market, especially as the Germans have now cracked the conundrum of placing a large bike garage beneath the rear lounge...but these will, by their very nature, be long and heavy vans....
some now have drop down beds covering the rear lounge to avoid bed making up, some also have large cab beds which can be left in place, becoming a permanent bed, with adjacent washroom facilities.
they style/layout is out there, just not in 6.4m....though the new McLouis Fusion 330 which can be seen at AS dealers soon makes a good fist of this in 6.5m. good luck with the search..
Auto-Sleepers announce a new model  Image35
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:51 am

bolero boy wrote:heres a lovely older example, sold.
Broadway EL
are they just changing it from being 'made to order' to a bone fide production one?

That one is almost identical to the Merc based Suffolk.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:16 am

Not quite in the same league but our Rienza with the rear lounge works really well for us. I was surprised how much room we have. The bed length wise as singles or double feels so roomy and we can get up during the night without disturbing each other. Feet up lounging during the day is also very comfortable.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

BobK and Boots like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm

bolero boy wrote:Hog, moving to a van with a front dinette, central kitchen and washroom plus large rear lounge will rarely be downsizing.
adding a (say) 1.5m dinette to van i posted will take this to 8m long. however, there are some fantastic 'twin lounge' (lounge + dinette) vans on the market, especially as the Germans have now cracked the conundrum of placing a large bike garage beneath the rear lounge...but these will, by their very nature, be long and heavy vans....
some now have drop down beds covering the rear lounge to avoid bed making up, some also have large cab beds which can be left in place, becoming a permanent bed, with adjacent washroom facilities.
they style/layout is out there, just not in 6.4m....though the new McLouis Fusion 330 which can be seen at AS dealers soon makes a good fist of this in 6.5m. good luck with the search..
Auto-Sleepers announce a new model  Image35
Chris
My post may have been confusing, I was trying to keep on topic by saying IF I was downsizing that new design would be a contender along with the Bourton. As it is we ( SWMBO's idea) have considered a Carthago as well, Liner for 2 on the Iveco but it is a big beast for mostly day trips in Cornwall! scratch head
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:14 pm

...as in my photo.....i took one out last time i was up at GE and tested the new Ducato 9-speeder, very nice.
yes, tis hard to get everything on the list in a small enough package....large lounge, good dinette, decent washroom facilities, and a great comfy bed....if these are dedicated areas then the van will be a big 'un. if youre looking at the Carthago then you should also check out Frankia, similar layout in a couple of lengths.

however, back on topic....AS seemed to trumpet this as a new model but my question remains, have they just moved a 'bespoke' model to the main range? will the new one be different enough to be 'a new model'...i guess we will see shortly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 am

Even if it is a new or revamped model, it is a very popular layout for many people in the UK. There are only so many layouts designers can come up with anyway.

AS are also introducing lithium baterries and seitz blinds across the range as standard for 2021. Merc based coachbuilt models will have Remis blinds fitted.

The Nuevo EK and ES 60th anniversary models, will have a number of extras fitted and will be on a Fiat Ducato 160bhp turbo diesel engine with a 9 speed automatic gearbox.

The 2021 new Broadway EL, will be on the Peugeot Boxer LWB chassis and be 6.6m long. Cost will be about in the region of £63.495.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:11 am

"There are only so many layouts designers can come up with anyway."

I wouldnt necessarily agree with this...new layouts are being 'invented' all the time....some are only possible due to new materials and technologies.

drop down beds were the preserve of A-class german vans 40 years ago, but now they are available above front, and even rear lounges.

rear lounge vans can now have full scooter garages courtesy of the strength of self supporting lowered floors.

PVCs are taking on rising roofs, to become realistic four sleepers, again once the preserve of smaller 'campervans'.

PVCs are also employing lengthways front drop down beds, with Dreamer (a Rapido brand) even having one that extends electrically into the cab at bed time.....

if you look beyond the traditional, conservative designs you will see a world of innovation that is creating some terrific new layouts.

IMHO, design innovation is very much alive and well....thank goodness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:28 am

Haven't noticed any murphy bed models over here yet but Pleasureway do one, another different option.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:40 am

Layouts are still the same with small tweaks. Germany were not the innovators of drop down beds.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Murphy beds require a very strong fitting and a lot of folding space. As you say, can't see any in current design as other proven options are available in a variety of forms.
A class vans now come with a choice of transverse or longitudinal. Coachbuilts generally use transverse versions in the front over the lounge and all types are now available with beds of either orientation over a rear lounge, so plenty of innovation about.
Perhaps some converters used Murphy beds or similar a while back, but Hymer have had whats widely regarded as a 'drop down' bed since late 70s early 80s.
As well as rear lounge models being available with scooter garages underneath, end washroom vans gave also been given this ability.
id certainly not feel that all van layouts have stayed the same, much more than tweaking going on in some converters design shops.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down