The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swing Shower Wall

5 posters

Go down

Swing Shower Wall Empty Swing Shower Wall

Post by pstallwood Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:48 am

We had the van's habitation service done on 20th March and collected it from the dealer on 23rd - the day before the dreaded lockdown. We have not used the van since then but are due to go away in a couple of weeks. Wife decided to go and clean everything and noticed that the swing wall was out of its hole at the top. I have managed to get the door when it is swung out back into the top hole but if I try to swing it back against the wall it pops out again. I currently have the door swung out and blocked up on some high density foam.

At the service in 2018 the dealer told us that the door had come out of the top socket but they had put it back - we hadn't noticed. We rarely swing the door out as, normally, we use site showers.

On top of that the plastic panel at the other side of the shower seems to have come adrift at the top and so the folding door will not open properly.

Thank goodness I have managed to book in at the dealers next week to get these things sorted as it looks like we will be using the shower virtually every day whilst we are away.

I have read the previous threads about the swing wall and wonder if anybody has found out what the real problem is with the swing door coming out and what, if any, is the proper cure.

Thanks.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Swing Shower Wall Empty Re: Swing Shower Wall

Post by jwells Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:54 pm

The problem is Auto Sleepers have assembled it incorrectly! It will be to do with the packing pieces top and bottom. Just waiting for mine to fall out!
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks Jwells. I will ask the dealers about this.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:21 pm

The man that invented the swing wall shower should be knighted! Just a shame some people can't put the thing together properly from all appearances.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Update.

Well took the van to the dealer and they put the door back in. On the way home the door decided that it would swing open but the top spigot stayed in the hole. When I swung the door back to the correct position the door came out but on this occasion I managed to get the spigot back in the top hole.

We had booked our first holiday away and didn't have time to take it back to the dealer so we travelled with it jacked up on pieces of high density foam but even then there was only a couple of millimetres of spigot in the hole.

Wife has just gone out to clean the inside of the van following our holiday and when she took the foam out the door dropped out at the top. I have managed to get the door back into place and it is again jacked up on foam.

I have now written to AS asking for their solution.

I will keep you informed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Oh dear. Not good. Thank you for the update (I was going to say "progress report" but it's hardly that.)

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Update.

I contacted AS by email on 10th October but hadn't had a reply. 

I noticed in the latest ASOC magazine that there was now a new Customer Service Manager and contact details were given so I emailed him this morning with a copy of what I had written on 10th October. Within less than an hour I had a response - good on him.

I was advised that AS was aware of occasional problems and had produced a part to go on top of the upper spigot so that it fitted further into the hole to cure the problem. If I gave him dates I could take the van to them and it would take about 2 hours to fit.

If I had had a reply when I first wrote I would have been down there and have had the job done by now. Whilst we  would be happy to go there it seems to be more circumspect for us to wait until we get some freedom and can take a few days away. We could go there and back in a day but would prefer not to if it can be avoided.

I have been told that the job will be done under warranty even though technically it has expired.

The contact details are Peter Tombs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if anybody is interested.

Will give a further update once the job is done.

Donator
Donator

Male

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:37 am

Well it has been a long time coming. This update that is .

Yesterday we went to Willersley and got a "top hat" fitted to the top of the shower swing door and we can now rotate the door without it coming out of the hole at the top.

We were told to come back in two hours so had a walk into Broadway which was extremely quiet. Had a stroll around, a cup of coffee and a piece of cake and 2.5 hours later we were back at the factory with the job done. Phew!

Peter Tombs has now left AS apparently.

Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro and jwells like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 pm

So was the problem the top hat had not been fitted .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I understood that the top hat was a modification as some doors won't stay in at the top. I  know others have had the same problem but I have never known why.

Our problem was only found at second hab service and was see by the dealer. It was OK again until we wanted to go away in September last  year. 

Luckily it hasn't caused too much inconvenience but annoying all the same

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 pm

I wonder how they managed to get the top hat to fit? Brute force? Heat? they can't lift the ceiling, surely?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:05 pm

I  did read that somehow they did it through the roof light. Certainly the roof light blind was free of the bits that blow in from trees where we park at home and which Mrs S had been meaning to vacuum.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:12 pm

Top hat fitting dose this sound possible, the top hat is pushed into ceiling  hole ,the door is pushed into place  ,the top hat is then pulled down onto the door lip ,the top part of the top hat protrudes  into the ceiling  hole ,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:29 am

Could possibly be done like that Molly. Sounds more plausible than going through the roof light.

I wish I had asked how they did it whilst we were there. Main thing is it works.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:43 am

Mine has not  come out  yet but looks  close ,good that your sorted .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Back to top Go down