The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK swing wall bathroom

+3
gassygassy
inspiredron
Aldercow
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK swing wall bathroom  Empty Nuevo EK swing wall bathroom

Post by Aldercow Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:01 pm

Just looking for feedback on how good the swing wall bathroom shower cubicle is to use. Never used it on my Stanton (which I no longer have) but was thinking about a Nuevo. Thanks.
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK swing wall bathroom  Empty Re: Nuevo EK swing wall bathroom

Post by inspiredron Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:35 pm

My wife and I both find it very good. But we are both slim. A person of ample proportion might feel restricted. It's really good not to have a plastic shower curtain to get attracted to your body.
Having said all that we use site facilities whenever they are available and suitable.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri May 01, 2020 8:21 am

I have a Nuevo swing wall shower. I weigh far too much (80kg, 14 stone something). I find it absolutely fine, no restriction at all. If you get one you might want to insulate the water feed pipes as in an upcoming issue of MMM wot I rote. hugegrins If you fit a Surflo or other impulse pump you might find the pipes rattle against the inside of the swingwall. It is a very easy half hour job that costs about £1.34.
The shower is where I stash my folding outdoor chairs, secured with a bunjee cord bewteen the shower water connector and one of the swing-clear-plastic-door hooks. That is the one thing we would like more of - somewhere to put dirty laundry and the chairs. We store them both in the shower / under the wash basin which means we have to dig them both out to have a shower. I suppose if we didn't have two leisure batteries we could put the laundry under the bed.
Overall we like it though, but I think I might prefer the end bathroom version with the short setees, I forget what model it is. I'm not going to spend £10k to change it though.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri May 01, 2020 9:39 am

Yes, what Gassy said.

I'm as heavy as him and probably taller at 6' 3", and I manage OK. You can't flail your arms in there, but it's as good a design as you'll get in a small van.

I don't feel the same about the short settees though, specially since I'm not short - as I just said. I spend quite a lot of time lounging on the settees with a book, or just being bone idle, but no more than 2 or 3 minutes in the shower each morning.

No contest for me. I'll put up with the occasional bruised elbow in the shower for the time spent on the sofa.

Hope this helps.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 am

Had one in our old Autocruise, the man that invented that system should be knighted! allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri May 01, 2020 10:22 pm

Our preference is sites without facilities and we find the shower works very well.  I'm of similar proportions to Gromit.  We put the mats outside whilst we shower and then replace them after we have used a cloth to dry the floor of both the shower and loo.  The swing wall was creaky until I sprayed some dry lubricant on it.  I've also fitted the water pipes inside the swing wall with foam insulation.  En route we use the shower space to store a fresh water roll, folding chairs and the front windscreen cover when we take it with us.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Sat May 02, 2020 11:09 am

I work sometimes as an archaeologist  - and getty filthy  - and spend several weeks on site during which the Nuevo is my only source of life support - Im well over 6 feet and weigh in at over 16 stones and the shower is perfectly adequate.

the Nuevo is after all a very small motorhome but the swing wall is by far the best shower in a motorhome under 6 meters
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sat May 02, 2020 11:31 am

As the saying goes: "Other motorhomes with a swing wall shower are available" but I'm not saying they are better than the A/S, only that they exist. Has anyone tried them?
I reckon that raymondo could do with an external shower facility. I reckon, in fact I know, in fact I am certain, in fact that might be my next project, to install an external shower facility into a Nuevo. I had one in a past motorhome and at the beach it was a real boon. You can stand outside on the grass, plug the shower into an external socket and wash all the sand off your grandkids' feet before going inside. allthumbz

Another MMM project on the horizon I think . . . . . .

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down