The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Nuevo - SORN Workout!

2 posters

Go down

2009 Nuevo - SORN Workout! Empty 2009 Nuevo - SORN Workout!

Post by DartmoorPete Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:41 am

Morning All!

Having SORN'd my Nuevo some months back, I gave it a bit of a "workout" round my paddocks today to hopefully keep it in condition. Noticed a couple of oddities I'd appreciate any comments on:-

Fuel Gauge - for first few minutes driving around the fuel gauge registered "nil". Only after driving it around and turning the ignition off and on a couple of times did it eventually come up to the right level. It seems something is "sticking" - any ideas what this might be? (I did have to send the instrument cluster off to be refurbished a few months back as several gauges failed so I don't think it's anything to do with the instrument cluster)

RPM - whilst the engine seemed fine and it drove well, I noticed that the RPM's only went up to 2,500 when I took it out of gear and put my foot to the floor. This seemed a bit low to me seeing the Rev Counter goes up to 6,000 rpm. I'd never noticed this before and wonder whether this is normal and that the engines on these are deliberately limited to 2,500?? Anyone know please?

Thanks!

Pete
DartmoorPete
DartmoorPete

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Classic
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

2009 Nuevo - SORN Workout! Empty Re: 2009 Nuevo - SORN Workout!

Post by modelman Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:32 pm

I think all modern engines are speed-governed when in neutral, none of our cars & van can be free-revved either.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down