The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathroom Privacy Blind

4 posters

Go down

Bathroom Privacy Blind Empty Bathroom Privacy Blind

Post by minos1427 Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:47 pm

The retaining clip that holds the privacy blind in the bathroom of my Autosleeper Broadway FB has broken.  Autosleeper say this is not covered by the warranty.  I have sourced a replacement part but do not know the best way to get to it to replace it. SMC seem to think the whole unit needs replacing. Any suggestions?
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Bathroom Privacy Blind Empty Re: Bathroom Privacy Blind

Post by Paramedic Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Hopefully you will receive the solution to replace the retaining clip without any further expenditure. If not so, then in the meantime you may have success  by using say super glue or similar rapid adhesive and something like a matchstick to prevent surplus adhesive clogging up the hole? I've had some success with similar small plastic breaks by applying further adhesive to build up a more stronger repair that will less likely break again.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 pm

It looks same as washroom blind I had in my 2006 Nuevo, same broken piece that prevented blind from retracting. This was back in the days when you could call at the spares dept and Alan Osborne opened his desk drawer and magically produced the required part. I had to remove complete blind frame and I remember having to hold everything together as I repaired it , doing it several times until I got it right and getting it back into place without it coming apart again.I never used the blind again, just in case it broke again. The window was opaque so it was never actually needed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:22 pm

As Paul says you need to remove the complete frame around the window that includes the blind assembly. I've made that repair a couple of times now and don't remember it being that difficult but my memory is not what it used to be...
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by minos1427 Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Unfortunately my wife has thrown the original broken part away. I have got the spare part but do not fancy taking the whole unit apart.
minos1427
minos1427

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down