The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting Empty Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting

Post by andy_pennington Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:10 pm

The step on my Nuevo 2 stopped retracting in towards the body, although if you push it in, and press the button it comes out correctly.
I believe its a "Project 2000" a bit like this (probably an older version)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We drove through quite a downpour, so its possible "something" got very wet.
When the step is down, and  I press the button I can hear what sounds like a solenoid 'clunk' but there is no movement.
When the step is pushed up it operates perfectly.
Any ideas from anyone who might have had a similar issue?

As a secondary question - should it automatically retract if you drive off with it down? I've not tested this, but I was wondering, because it would seem to be quite dangerous if it doesn't do this.

thanks, Andy

Last edited by andy_pennington on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
andy_pennington
andy_pennington

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting Empty Re: Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi Andy

This is a fairly regular topic so a quick search will get you some helpful suggestions.

Yes, it should retract automatically when you drive off. On some vans this happens as the wheels begin to turn, while on others it retracts as soon as you start the engine.

I don't know which of these your van will have, but it will be one of them. The latter at a guess.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting Empty Re: Nuevo 2 automatic step not retracting

Post by andy_pennington Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:34 pm

Gromit wrote:Hi Andy

This is a fairly regular topic so a quick search will get you some helpful suggestions.

Yes, it should retract automatically when you drive off. On some vans this happens as the wheels begin to turn, while on others it retracts as soon as you start the engine.

I don't know which of these your van will have, but it will be one of them. The latter at a guess.

Dave

thanks, I had done a search, and I hadn't found an answer. Will have another go, but in the meantime if anyone has any fixes, I would appreciate it.
andy_pennington
andy_pennington

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_pennington Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Answering my own question here (apologies), water was in the limit switch. dried it out and silicon greased around the possible entry points for moisture and all is well again... so basically it thought the step was already up because the switch was presumably shorting. 
hence it would go down but not back up...

putting the answer here for posterity.
andy_pennington
andy_pennington

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

andy_pennington wrote:Answering my own question here (apologies), water was in the limit switch. dried it out and silicon greased around the possible entry points for moisture and all is well again... so basically it thought the step was already up because the switch was presumably shorting. 
hence it would go down but not back up...

putting the answer here for posterity.
'Fraid not Andy - it will be lost forever in a week or two.  shrugg

I suggest you ask Roli to put it in the "Factsheets" section, where it will be easily accessible . . . to those who know where to look!  rolleyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Had the same problem  on Broadway  eb . Have you checked  the fuse.that was my problem. Kept blowing. Dealer  did something  on control panel in advanced settings.  Been ok since
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Happened on mine several years ago. It was dirt or moisture in the limit switch which was treated with a clean and a blob of silicone grease. No problems since.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by George colin Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 pm

Where is the limit switch to which Inspiredron referee as my step fails sometimes.
George colin
George colin

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2011
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:27 pm

I cannot recall the precise location but if you put the step out and then get on your knees and look behind it, as I recall, it is a fairly obvious little button

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down