The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

+8
Gromit
Roopert
Caraman
rgermain
jetty
Paulmold
johndean
BornAgain
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Page 2 Empty Re: Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Post by BornAgain Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Since it was the garage where the MOT was done that attempted to change the settings then I am sure they would have said something if it was an MOT failure. Thanks for the clarification.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Page 2 Empty TPMS

Post by campervanista Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:13 am

What a can of expensive and woeful worms this is. I have an 18 reg. Nuevo and it has no TPMS. I am delighted about this, of course, but it begs the question "Have they quietly dropped the idea". ? If they cannot make the thing work properly it just  causes a lot of grief and unnecessary expense. 
Superfluous technology is the one more  curse of our age. All engineers and designers should learn about Occam's Razor! confused3 scratch head
campervanista
campervanista

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Page 2 Empty Re: Resetting Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Post by Caraman Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 am

campervanista wrote:What a can of expensive and woeful worms this is. I have an 18 reg. Nuevo and it has no TPMS. I am delighted about this, of course, but it begs the question "Have they quietly dropped the idea". ? If they cannot make the thing work properly it just  causes a lot of grief and unnecessary expense. 
Superfluous technology is the one more  curse of our age. All engineers and designers should learn about Occam's Razor! confused3 scratch head
That's surprising.  I thought all Auto-Sleepers/Peugeot since at least 2015 have been fitted with the TPMS.  There is nothing wrong with the TPMS, it's just that it has not been adjusted during the conversion as it should have been.  TPMSs are a good thing to have.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:31 am

No TPMS on our manufacture date 2015.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 am

Curiouser and curiouser !!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:06 pm

rgermain and campervanista,

Is it possible that you have a TPMS without realising it?  The only physical evidence of the TPMS is when it is triggered.  If you have been running your Camper (CP) tyres close to the plated pressures of 5.0 bar front and 5.5 bar rear it will not have triggered.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:29 pm

I run my tyres at 60lb rear 55 front, if i am correct 5.5 bar is 70lb! Blimey it is rock hard at those pressures. So running mine at that pressure I would have thought it would show as faulty.

Should not the TPMS have a light on the dash when you first switch on?

I have read that vans are not required to have TPMS fitted.

No mention of it in the handbook. Still as it has never been a problem, not really concerned, one thing less to worry about!!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:44 pm

rgermain wrote:I run my tyres at 60lb rear 55 front, if i am correct 5.5 bar is 70lb! Blimey it is rock hard at those pressures. So running mine at that pressure I would have thought it would show as faulty.

Should not the TPMS have a light on the dash when you first switch on?

I have read that vans are not required to have TPMS fitted.

No mention of it in the handbook. Still as it has never been a problem, not really concerned, one thing less to worry about!!
-----------
Richard
If they are the plated pressures (55 psi front and 60 psi rear) they sound more like light Commercial (C) tyres rather than Camper (CP) tyres that all later motorhomes are fitted with.  Certainly if you were running CP tyres at those pressures and you had a TPMS it would trigger.  You are right about the TPMS light when you first turn on the ignition.  It is an amber light with the cross-section of a tyre and an exclamation mark.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:17 pm

BornAgain,
Just had this response from a Peugeot dealer who is clearly onside but can really only offer sympathy.  I had asked him about running the motorhome with the TPMS permanently triggered.  

In theory there is nothing wrong in doing this but it does seem a bit silly to me? I cannot believe that someone has not addressed this already as part of the legislation for type approval, so I share your frustration? 

What I can tell you is I have found out that we can alter the trigger pressure limits on the TPMS via our DiagBox software. At this stage I am unsure why Peugeot would allow us to do this if it wasn’t ever required or allowed.

Given the vast cost of these vehicles I am surprised that motorhome dealers in general side step this issue by sending them to the main dealer. Utter confusion then reigns as the customer is left in no man’s land.
I find this very poor customer service and I strongly disagree with the situation this puts a customer in. I will help you in any way I can but, I will need technical authority from someone.
I hope this is not ruining your enjoyment of your new motorhome now that sites appear to be allowed to open soon.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Soul 45 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:41 pm

Caraman wrote:I assume we are talking about adjusting the TPMS so that it does not trigger when the tyre pressure is deliberately lowered.  I have approached 3 Peugeot dealers and all have refused to do it.  The Peugeot and DVSA line is that it is for the vehicle converter to re-plate the tyre pressures in consultation with the tyre manufacturer and have the TPMS adjusted before the motorhome leaves the factory.  Auto-Sleepers has failed to do this.  This means we are forced to use our motorhomes with overinflated front tyres, in my case by 67%. I have been in communication with Auto-Sleepers about this since February and had a face to face with them at Willersey two days ago.  They are meeting with their homologation contractor to see what can be done.  In the meantime, the more owners that raise this issue with Auto-Sleepers the better.
Hi,
I know it was some time ago now. But did you get this problem sorted?
Northern Soul 45
Northern Soul 45

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:25 pm

Hi Northern Soul 45.  Yes it was resolved.  Hamble Motors who are now Snows Southampton reduced the front TPMS trigger to 3.0 bar and as a gesture of goodwill, A-S paid the bill.  A Peugeot UK engineer agreed that their dealerships could carry out the adjustment if it was supported by the tyre manufacturer - Continental in my case who were only too willing to help.  It is no longer ETRTO or Continental policy that all rear CP tyres are inflated to their maximum permitted pressure however in my case my rear axle mass can be as high as 1900 kg so I continue to use 5.5 bar.  I set my 109 load index tyres to the ETRTO pressure for an axle mass that is 10% higher.  Currently I run my fronts at 3.3 bar for a maximum axle mass of 1400 kg.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2