The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre pressure

5 posters

Go down

Tyre pressure Empty Tyre pressure

Post by travel69 Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi  Does anyone have tyre pressures for a Mezan please?  Manual has no information at all. confused3
travel69
travel69

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : mezan

Back to top Go down

Tyre pressure Empty Re: Tyre pressure

Post by Ramblers Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Googling your problem I came up with a similar question posted on the 'Small Motorhome' website and the response was:

"Mezans are built on the 800Kg M59 Berlingo same as the Outlook/R20 and so tyre pressures will probably be 43psi front and 54psi rear as a starting point . BUT make sure that you have the proper commercial rated tyres fitted as people often fit car tyres and they are just not up to the job and could invalidate your insurance. The minimum load rating should be 84"

If nothing is indicated on a plate by the driver's door this information may be a starting point for you.

Jeff

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

You will find two factsheets in the 'factsheet section' of the home page, one from Continental tyres and the other from tyresafe but you will need your axle weights so you need to go to a local weighbridge.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by travel69 Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Thank you both of you I have checked inside the door ( Didn't know it was there! ) 2.7 PSI front  3.3 PSI back  Changing that to a Bar the back shows 43 which to me sounds a lot?
travel69
travel69

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 am

Hi travel69
Once you have chosen the correct tyre type for your vehicle, look on the tyre wall as, usually, all info. needed for the use of the tyre, including pressure ratings are moulded onto it.
Regards
V.
V
V

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 pm

V wrote:all info. needed for the use of the tyre, including pressure ratings are moulded onto it.

Sorry, but that is not good advice.

In terms of what the day-to-day running tyre pressures should be, the information moulded on the side of the tyre tells you very little that's of any use. None of the tyres that I've looked at tell you anything other than the maximum pressure that the tyre can stand. If you inflate to that pressure and drive on it, you will probably get very poor handling*, degraded braking performance and very poor tyre wear.

[* I know this from personal experience, as a mate of mine gave me a lift recently in his tiny Suzuki Carry van. The ride was incredibly uncomfortable, and when I asked what he had the tyre pressures at he said "what's printed on the side of the tyres - 80PSI" - the correct pressures were not much more than half that...]
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by travel69 Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Thank you both,, a Mezan is no bigger than a people carrier so I'll check with my garage.
travel69
travel69

Female

Back to top Go down