The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer

+4
TeamRienza
Roger G
Quilter
Paulmold
8 posters

Go down

Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer  Empty Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer

Post by Paulmold Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer  Empty Re: Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer

Post by Quilter Tue May 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Don’t the same points apply now as were emphasised 2 months ago when the Clubs kept sites open beyond the point at which many of us thought they ought to be closed ?

How are children to be prevented from doing what children do and moving freely about a campsite ?  What about the safety of site staff called on to deal with people who won’t obey the guidelines ?  People will be coming from all over the country and, however careful, there will, if anyone is infected, be a good chance they will pass it on.

It’s too early to open the campsites at the moment: CL, CS’s with limits of 5 vans and no sanitary blocks just possibly but even then I’m not sure.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer  Empty Re: Open letter from CAMC to Chief Med Officer

Post by Roger G Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am

I'm in two minds about this. I agree that it would be difficult to keep children confined to a small area around a pitch, but on the other hand, those with children who use motor homes and caravans would probably be wary of taking children off camping at the moment anyway. It's probably also true to say that the majority of motor homers and a large percentage of caravanners are older or retired and far less likely to be taking children.

I would have thought that given the point of a motorhome and caravan being self contained units, there may well be a case for opening sites but not the toilet, washing and leisure facilities. Maybe it's time that a few more folks took advantage of the facilities that they carry with them, as they have paid a lot for them and they take up considerable space. Perhaps we are all going to need to reconsider how we define camping in the future.

Roger
Roger G
Roger G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

Leaving aside the practicalities of children on sites, I wonder did the caravan club give any thought or consultation to liaising with the camping club to make a joint approach to the government to add more weight. 
I could understand that two separate approaches by the clubs might carry more weight, but I do wonder are they following their own business agenda(s).
Speculation of course but I trust the paid office holders (H.Q. staff) about as much as I would a government of any side in this country.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed May 20, 2020 8:24 am

Nice of them to plead the case but.........

The issue of folk moving around the country goes further than members of the same family sitting in a self contained box. We also have to consider the impact on local communities and how prepared they might be for holidaymakers ( dress it however you will, that's what we are) returning. 

A bigger concern is they can't just allow the CAMC and CCC to open, they will also be granting the same permission to all parts of the leisure industry providing this service to start up again. Are we confident that they will all adhere to new regulations and provide the same level of cleaning the CAMC propose? I'm as anxious as others to get moving but when it's safe to do so please.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed May 20, 2020 8:53 am

Found this report online from The Sun....

The Sun: English caravan parks demand that Boris lets them open up on June 1 – like they are doing in Wales.

I live in Wales and have heard nothing about sites in Wales opening from 1st June that The Sun says is happening.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 am

Paulmold wrote:Found this report online from The Sun....

The Sun: English caravan parks demand that Boris lets them open up on June 1 – like they are doing in Wales.

I live in Wales and have heard nothing about sites in Wales opening from 1st June that The Sun says is happening.

Wait a minute Paul, when did the newspapers have to start accurate reporting  biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 am

That is irresponsible reporting, what planet are they on at the Sun. If they read a decent newspaper, they would know that is untrue.censored!
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 am

It proves that reporters on the Sun can read as the got the article from the Independent. snigger

The traffic light system for exiting lockdown in Wales has “accommodation without shared facilities” to open on amber.

The trouble is Wales doesn’t have one set of traffic lights but has nine covering  different sectors changing colour independently, so that is going to be confusing in itself.scratch head

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Well Mike, you in England seem to know more about Wales than people living here. I suggest you read our regional papers and watch our regional news to get the true picture. No decisions on this topic has yet been made and the traffic light system is easy to follow and is working so far.

This kind of reporting, wherever it came from first,  could do untold harm to what the Welsh assembly is doing to protect Wales from this covid 19.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 pm

Bad Penny wrote:That is irresponsible reporting, what planet are they on at the Sun. If they read a decent newspaper, they would know that is untrue.censored!
The only decent newspaper is the one wrapped round your fish and chips or used to start a fire... hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 1:54 pm

I love it hog.allthumbzwave
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Sorry Bad Penny I didn’t mean to cause offence. I got the original information from Wales Online a few days ago, after reading that article this morning I was sure that no dates were mentioned in the article I had read but couldn’t find it, but google search brought up this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I’ve not read it all but does seem to indicate that each sector can move independently from red to amber to green or back again.

I do quite like the approach but open to confusion if some lazy reporter says Wales moves into amber, when it may just one or two sectors. 

Quite agree with you about lazy reporting doing harm.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down