The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Noises

2 posters

Go down

Night Noises Empty Night Noises

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:56 pm

Whilst parked overnight at Helmsley last Friday there were twelve vans parked up. As the night closed in the sound of an owl hunting was the only night noise.
As the evening wore on the sound of a diesel fired heater broke the piece. It was close to us making it more annoying. Thinking it will shut down soon we went to bed. It was running all night, I woke up every couple of hours to find it still running. Management told me to leave it until morning before saying some thing. 
Early next morning after a door slamming session the owners wandered off after turning the heater off as they left.
I know the diesel heaters can be noisy and it was a cold night but that was a bit much. confused3 We turned our heater  off preferring more bedding to leaving the heater on.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Night Noises Empty Re: Night Noises

Post by Paulmold Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:40 pm

How close together are overnighters at Helmsley?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 pm

There was one parking bay between each van along the back row and one parked in the far corner. Unfortunately the noisy van was one down from us. 
For January it proves how popular the Aire is. It is a favourite stop over for us at any time of year.
We have been in the summer and it was full for the whole weekend. I think the space between vans rule was ignored that weekend.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:31 pm

So about 6 ft apart, too close for me, had thought about using it but maybe not now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:27 am

Hi Paul, My gripe was not about the space between vans. I think you would have heard the heater parked the regulation distance between vans. Certain noises like night heaters can be very penetrating at night.
A free Aire in such a lovely little town is not something you get in many places in the UK. We have been on the Aire at Bergues near Dunkirk in the summer. That was really packed as in mirror to mirror and being careful when you opened youre door. 
The local parking authority in both cases wont bother too much because it brings trade to the towns.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down