The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump running for over two minutes

+7
Gromit
the4mans
ajrm
Milvus
gef
rgermain
Paulmold
11 posters

Go down

Water pump running for over two minutes Empty Water pump running for over two minutes

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi all back again, new day new problem. When I am on ehu I turn the tap on and the water pump works. I turn the tap off and it continues to run for three/four seconds. Now on battery, NO ehu, I turn the tap on and the pump runs, I turn the tap off, and the pumps continues to run for over two minutes before stopping, or once or twice three minutes which is obviously draining the battery. It never went this long in the past, we have a new leisure battery and that and the vehicle one are over 13.6v Anyone any ideas? Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Water pump running for over two minutes Empty Re: Water pump running for over two minutes

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:18 pm

ypull get loads of help shortly, no doubt, but from what ive read here its likely to be the pressure switch for the submersible pump...for some unknown reason this needs to be different depending on whether you're on hook up or not.

dont have this issue with an in line pump, makes no difference of on hook up or not.

can you imagine having to tinker with this sort of thing just to operate a tap?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Water pump running for over two minutes Empty Re: Water pump running for over two minutes

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:20 pm

bolero boy wrote:you'll get loads of help shortly, no doubt, but from what ive read here its likely to be the pressure switch for the submersible pump...for some unknown reason this needs to be different depending on whether you're on hook up or not.

dont have this issue with our in-line pump, makes no difference if on hook up or not.

can you imagine having to tinker with this sort of thing just to operate a tap depending on where you've parked? 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:46 pm

You need to find the 'sweet spot' on the pressure pump which is a compromise between using on hook up or 12v. Mark the knurled top of the pressure pump where it stops running on 12v, then do same on hook up, turning the top only a tiny amount each time. Midway between the two should satisfy both.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Paulmold wrote:You need to find the 'sweet spot' on the pressure pump which is a compromise between using on hook up or 12v. Mark the knurled top of the pressure pump where it stops running on 12v, then do same on hook up, turning the top only a tiny amount each time. Midway between the two should satisfy both.

Yes once the "sweet spot" is found, you should be ok.

I don't have any problems with the submersible pump, where ever the power comes from.
-------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks guys any idea where I can find my pressure switch?/pump? Or documents relating to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:09 pm

It should be to the left of the wardrobe under the bench seat you will see a knurled knob on top. Don't forget to mark position before you start on two surfaces
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:15 pm

The manual instructions are here on pages 7-3 ( Make small adjustments to find that sweet spot). Once set, it’ll be fine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:45 am

Thank you both
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Did you manage to sort this out? We had a Broadway FB and always had problems trying to get the pump to run properly. I spent hours adjusting the pressure switch but never managed to find that “sweet spot” that meant it worked right on and off hook up.
Autosleeper couldn’t really help and our dealer knew it was a problem with many vans but didn’t have a fix from A/S
In the end, one of the mechanics recommended I fit a Whale water surge damper, which I did, and noticed a big improvement. The pump still ran on, but only for a few seconds instead of up to a minute.
I can recommend the damper if you still have problems.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by the4mans Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:46 am

We have a burford 2014 with a whale filler system. Since filling up fresh water yesterday the pump is running continuously, is noisy and the water flow really slow. We think we have a submersible pump in the water tank as we cannot locate one anywhere else. Can anyone please help us solve pump issue please?
the4mans
the4mans

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:53 am

After being on hook up for 3 days went wild camping and pump was fine!!?? Then next day back to running on again. Will look at it when I get back, it's too sunny to bother with at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 am

I would suspect you have air in the system. Are you on battery or ehu?

If you do a search on here you will find lots of advice as it is a regular topic I am afraid.

Someone will be along soon, best of luck?
-------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 am

the4mans wrote:We have a burford 2014 with a whale filler system. Since filling up fresh water yesterday the pump is running continuously, is noisy and the water flow really slow. We think we have a submersible pump in the water tank as we cannot locate one anywhere else. Can anyone please help us solve pump issue please?
Follow Richard's advice (above) to begin with.

If you don't find an answer in the many posts on this subject, please come back and tell us what you have done. It's not easy to offer remote advice on what can be a very tedious problem.

The definitive cure is to fit a Shurflo, as a number of members have done - and none of them has regretted it!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by the4mans Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks everybody we have managed to cure. I read someone had said about airlock so we turned taps on and off a few times. We also jumped up and down inside a few times!(we are hooked up with awning so couldn't drive it easily). The combination of all sorted the problem :))
the4mans
the4mans

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bus Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:58 pm

I realise this is an old post, but we are experience the same problem on our 2021 nuevo, ie water pump continuing to run on 12v after the tap’s turned off. The water tank was at 25%, there was no problem on mains. We refilled the tank and now the problem has gone away.
Two questions: does the quantity of water in the tank affect the pump?(obviously it mustn’t be empty); and where is this magic pressure switch which can be adjusted to find the “sweet spot”?!
Bertie Bus
Bertie Bus

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ek es
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:33 am

The pressure switch for submersible pump on my 2017 Nuevo is under the offside bunk towards the wardrobe end of the motorhome.

I hand constant issues with mine just you are having and changed to external Surflow pump (still under the rear end of the offside bunk)

End of problem.

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Bertie Bus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:44 am

Bertie Bus wrote:I realise this is an old post, but we are experience the same problem on our 2021 nuevo, ie water pump continuing to run on 12v after the tap’s turned off. The water tank was at 25%, there was no problem on mains. We refilled the tank and now the problem has gone away.
Two questions: does the quantity of water in the tank affect the pump?(obviously it mustn’t be empty); and where is this magic pressure switch which can be adjusted to find the “sweet spot”?!
Q1 - No

Q2 - On my Nuevo it was hidden behind a ventilation grill under the EC700 and a rat's nest of wires.  Early on the A-S Service Centre moved it to just in front of the ventilation grill so it could be adjusted more easily.  Subsequently it was taken out and replaced with a Shurflo.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Bertie Bus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:42 am

Just because your tank qty showed 25% doesn't mean there was actually any water in it.
If these, almost universally, useless water level gauges weren't fitted in the first place most would be better off!
The fact that your pump worked normally when you filled the tank suggests to me that it was actually empty.

As virtually all will tell you a Shurflo is the answer, no need to remove the existing submersible pump, just fit the shurflo and forget!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Bertie Bus and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bus Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:19 am

Thanks for all the answers. We’ve found the pressure adjuster! If the problem continues we’ll look at fitting the magic Shurflo.
Bertie Bus
Bertie Bus

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ek es
Vehicle Year : 2021

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down