The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL

5 posters

Go down

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL Empty Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL

Post by retiredtrucker Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

Can anyone tell me how to turn off fluorescent lights and just have spotlights on. No matter what I do cannot get just the spotlights on! What am I doing wrong. Any ideas!!
retiredtrucker
retiredtrucker

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : SIGMA EL

Back to top Go down

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL Empty Re: Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL

Post by roli Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Welcome to the forum. We ask for an introduction when you sign up to the forum before asking a question, however,

I suspect someone has been messing about with the electrics.

If all lights didnt come on when supposed to then I woud suspect the master switch for the lighting, normally positioned by the habitation door. If this is off then the switches on the lights wont do anything. It is possible that the spots have not been wired through this as they should have been and this would be my 1st check.

The Sigma is the same hab area as our van but on a Pug chassis and supposably shares the same 12v circuitry. Fuse 1 (Blue) covers the lights in the front living area Fuse 2 (Blue) covers in rear interior lighting. There is no reference to the spotlights which I would presume to be on these circuits.
However I have found over the years that things on motorhomes are not always as they should be and the spots may have been wired into Fuse 3 (12v Sockets) Not saying this is the case but possible. Look at each of the fuses in the Sargent Unit in the wardrobe.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL Empty Re- Lighting in Autosleeper Sigma EL

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 pm

retiredtrucker wrote:Can anyone tell me how to turn off fluorescent lights and just have spotlights on. No matter what I do cannot get just the spotlights on! What am I doing wrong. Any ideas!!

Hi retiredtrucker
Not sure if you have a remote control fob for your fluorescent strip lights and outside awning light, could the remote be activated to switch the fluorescent strips on and you haven't noticed?
Boaby scratch head
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Thu May 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Retiredtrucker

Haven't your light fittings got individual switches mounted on each light ?, if so these should enable any on/off combination of lighting to suit your requirements.

If all these switches are in the "on" postion all lights would come on when the master switch mentioned by Roli is switched to the "on"
position.

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Retiredtrucker...

As Boaby said does your Sigma have a remote fob to switch on / off the fluorescent strip lights and outside awning light? There are no switches on the Nuevo and you can only turn them on / off using the remote fob. Our spotlights will also only come on if the control panel has been switched on from hibernation mode, we can operate both the fluorescent strip lights and spotlights together... not sure if the Sigma has the same type of control panel / fob setup as the Nuevo or not? Otherwise roli and johno's advice should help. Let us know how you get on?

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL Empty Lighting in SIGMA EL

Post by retiredtrucker Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks to those of you who replied to my post. It appears that our Autosleeper has been modified and is going back to dealer to be sorted out. shrugg
retiredtrucker
retiredtrucker

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : SIGMA EL

Back to top Go down

Lighting in Auto-Sleeper SIGMA EL Empty Re-Lighting in Sigma EL

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 pm

retiredtrucker wrote:Thanks to those of you who replied to my post. It appears that our Autosleeper has been modified and is going back to dealer to be sorted out. shrugg

From one retired trucker to another, thats good news up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down