The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigma EL lounge lighting

3 posters

Go down

Sigma EL lounge lighting  Empty Sigma EL lounge lighting

Post by Aldercow Mon May 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Help - away with a friend who has the above & his rear lounge strip lights are turned on with a remote key fob. The fob battery is ok & led on fob flashes when pressing buttons. Also some rear spotlights have stopped working (bulbs ok). He's not sure where his fuses are - anybody help me sort out (I'm an electrical engineer). Thanks
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Sigma EL lounge lighting  Empty Re: Sigma EL lounge lighting

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue May 08, 2018 8:33 am

The fuses should be under the wooden trap door in the wardrobe, pull the draw out and the fuse bank and Truma units should be revealed, I'm assuming the EL electrics are in the same area are my last Sigma EK .
Happy holidays.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Sigma EL lounge lighting  Empty Re: Sigma EL lounge lighting

Post by Gromit Tue May 08, 2018 9:13 am

It might depend on the year of the vehicle.

Can't remember exactly but I think it was around 2004 that the Italian suppliers of the control panel used the wrong solder on a batch of panels.

No - I'm not joking. It oxidised in damp weather and if you were one of the unlucky ones it was bad enough to cause the fob operation of the lights to fail.

If it is that, there's no permanent cure other than a replacement panel, but ours sometimes began to work again after (presumably) it all dried out again.

Implausible I know, but I was asked to take our van to Willersey (we live quite close by) for the experts to examine, so I was in at the kill, as it were!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down